Clark Kent F12 with AMP F3 Carbon forks.

ADHDboy

Dirt Disciple
As I've just got rid of my other 2 frames, thought I'd get this one out of the race bag.

This bike saw me through thick and thin for many years and simply hasn't been ridden for at least 5 years now :(

Anyway, let me know what you think. Bonus points for anyone who can identify the Purple bits.

I'll list a full spec later and might even find some wheels to take it for a spin around the block.

Attachments

• IMG_2147.jpg
    IMG_2147.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,300
  • IMG_2149.jpg
    IMG_2149.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,299
  • IMG_2150.jpg
    IMG_2150.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,298
  • IMG_2151.jpg
    IMG_2151.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,300
benbonty":1w5gt9g4 said:
Nice frame! Purple bits are Grafton shifter perches.

Too easy for some it would seem.

I've never seen any others.

Bonus for what year each XTR part is?

Fantastic another Clark Kent.

At this rate we'll be able to have a dedicated group here on RB!

CK's here in the UK are fairly rare things so nice to see another one.

Was wondering who welded up your frame, you might find a serial number stamped into the underside of the rear wheel drop out. My F14 was put together by Ivo Vinklarek. If the number starts with a letter I it is a Vinklarek.

Had my own build thread, here's the link if you fancy having a gander; http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Good luck with your build.

Jules

julesg007":1qqnzqpr said:
Was wondering who welded up your frame, you might find a serial number stamped into the underside of the rear wheel drop out. My F14 was put together by Ivo Vinklarek. If the number starts with a letter I it is a Vinklarek.

That's interesting, next time I go home (yes, strange concept) I'll have a look. At this rate I've got no idea when that might be.

Ian C hill":3h14kkee said:
Love the forks I have a set still trying to get them apart to rebuild

Carbon ones? Did you know service parts are still available from AMP in the states?

Ian C hill":189pglho said:
Love the forks I have a set still trying to get them apart to rebuild

I have the .pdf version of the owners / service manual if that might help?
I can't upload a .pdf on here though as an attachment. If you'd like it then drop me a message with your email address.

If he's still there Brion at AMP-Research was always very helpful.

1995 is about right, my F14 is 1994.

From what I understand there were some issues with CK Ti frames but this occurred when the frame production went out of house and at the same time some funny goings on occurred. Eventually due to these issues the company went out of business.

It would, however, seem that the in house welders, Ivo Vinklarek and Don Herr were as good as others in the business.

Have a read thru my other thread, it also contains some links to MTBR.com; http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

Latest posts

Back