1991 ? Klein Adroit

mkozaczek

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I picked up this frameset over the weekend thinking I was just getting a normal 92 Adroit, turns out it's something a bit unique... Can anyone spot the 3-4 differences from normal MC1 Adroits??

pic_2-vi.jpg

pic_1-vi.jpg

DSC_0828-vi.jpg

DSC_0831-vi.jpg

DSC_0836-vi.jpg

DSC_0834-vi.jpg

DSC_0827-vi.jpg

DSC_0830-vi.jpg

Looks like it has a 27.2mm seatpost size frame which is unusual for a Gator, i have an Adroit in Pearl Black with the same size even though it was a 92 colour.

Also seat tube bottle mounts are higher, maybe the holes in the dropout look diferent?

Glad your going rigid with it :cool: Is there a bulge round the seat tube above the weld ?

The holes in the drop out are good looking at pictures in 1991 & 1992 cat's

31.6 post in 1992 no mention of which size in 1991. Looks narrower

The 27.2 post is one of the four things I've found. One more is pretty obvious and the other two are nerdy klein freak things.

Not sure abut the seat tube bottle mounts, they look normal to me. Also I'm not quite sure I understand the seat tube bulge question / comment.

mkozaczek":3uv5mczd said:
The 27.2 post is one of the four things I've found. One more is pretty obvious and the other two are nerdy klein freak things.

Not sure abut the seat tube bottle mounts, they look normal to me. Also I'm not quite sure I understand the seat tube bulge question / comment.

Must just be the size with regards to the bottle mounts, as my 19" Adroits have the mounts going over the front mech band.

What the other diferences then nerdy Klein freak? :LOL:

Oh yeah, I see what you're saying about the bottle mounts.

Well the others are as follows:

#2 is the boron/carbon fiber strip in the headtube
#3 no bondo/filler over the boron on the stays
#4 paint appears to be very thin, no white base layer to speak of

It also had Ti brake bosses and I think the BB spindle is Ti as well, the serial number is on the dropout and not the BB shell like my other two Adroits.

So, I don't know, maybe an early team bike, a prototype, who knows?

I think the colour matching is out on the forks a little? :LOL:

I think the bondo is normally around the edges of the boron so the transition between boron and aluminium is seamless...

27.2 would suggest a real early Gator.

J

jonrock":2rsix5c2 said:
I think the colour matching is out on the forks a little? :LOL:

I think the bondo is normally around the edges of the boron so the transition between boron and aluminium is seamless...

27.2 would suggest a real early Gator.

J

I think it's the light?

You've peered into adroit headtubes, have you seen one with boron inside??

According to the klein paint guys they had to put bondo over all of the boron because it had excessive pitting and didn't make for a nice finish...

mkozaczek":2h529yhw said:
Oh yeah, I see what you're saying about the bottle mounts.

Well the others are as follows:

#2 is the boron/carbon fiber strip in the headtube
#3 no bondo/filler over the boron on the stays
#4 paint appears to be very thin, no white base layer to speak of

So, I don't know, maybe an early team bike, a prototype, who knows?

:LOL: pretty hard to spot those from the pics, my Pearl Black also has the boron/carbon fiber strip in the headtube, which i haven't seen in the later Adroit's.

:LOL: pretty hard to spot those from the pics, my Pearl Black also has the boron/carbon fiber strip in the headtube, which i haven't seen in the later Adroit's.

ooops, picture link as broken - fixed now

Wow, I've never heard of that before... must have been something they were experimenting with early on

What is your serial no?

Back