The Alpinestars 1991 Dx first build!! Finally Finished!!

kleinalpine

Retro Guru
Hi RetroBikers, This is my first retro build that im doing with my good friend astar92!!
I managed to source this bike frame a while ago from a chap who had it stored from new for 20 years in his loft!! :shock: The frame has no cracks in it, and the paint work is original bright and shiney!! :LOL: Unfortuantly there is a few paint chips but this bike is going to be ridden so not too worried about this!! Ive managed to source pretty much all the parts but im just waiting for the last piece to arrive from america!! Sorry to all the die hard period restorers out there, this bike isnt going to follow the true spec!! This is a sneak preview of the build with the wheels and forks on!! Thanks to GT Steve for the forks!! Lots more photos to come and full spec list!! Any comments most welcome!! thanks for looking, Another photo added as a little teaser!! Cheers Ben
003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

IMGP0797.jpg

That frame does look good in the photos. It was always my favourite bike bitd because of how it looked. The fact that they ride so good just made it even better.
Can't wait to see it finished.

I frickin love these al megas. In fact all early 90s alpinestars rock. I guess it's the neon paint. One of the bikes I always wanted when I was in my teens but could never afford. Make sure you get a pair of tan wall tyres on there mate as they look ten times better than with black walls in my opinion anyway.

Keep the pics coming.

tan wall

Would be nice to get some tanwalls for her , they cost an arm and a leg!! still in debate weather too or not!! thanks for the comments!! :

Very nice Ben, love the Alpinestars, mine is nearly ready too! It's a mix of old and new, not to original spec like yours. But I see it as giving the frame another lease of life! Yours looks fantastic :p

Back