1993 (?) GT RTS-1

tripod0502

Dirt Disciple
Still has the white mold-release gum on the tires and the toe-in nubs on the brake pads! Just bought it from a guy that bought it and then stored the bike. SPOTLESS! Made in the USA back in 1993/94!

Originally an 18" Ball burnished 6061-T6 main frame with black True Temper rear triangle as shown in the pictures....but, swapped it out for an ALL 6061-T6 ALUMINUM 16" ball-burnished Team frame with a titanium spring on the Noleen shock and titanium hardware.

RockShox Mag-21 air/oil fork...Noleen adjustable spring/oil rear shock Full M900 XTR- XTR Cantilevers, original XTR brake pads, XTR Brake lever/Rapidfire 8 speed shifters, XTR 12-32 cassette, XTR 26/36/46 chainrings, 175mm XTR cranks, XTR bottom bracket, top-pull XTR front derailleur, long-cage XTR rear derailleur, XTR chain, hubs, even full XTR cable set. M575 SPD pedals, Tioga stem, Dia-Compe Aheadset, GT bar, GT seatpost, Avocet saddle, ONZA bar-ends. XTR/Mavic 231 wheelset with double-butted spokes and alloy nipples wrapped in Kevlar Panaracer Smoke and Dart tires. SPIN wheel currently on back.

I don't know how many miles are on the component group...but, being a bike mechanic with 10+ years of experience...I'd say that it has less than 100 miles on it. Doesn't look like the parts have been off road either. Seriously, this could be a museum piece!!! It's my childhood dream bike...so, I have yet to ride it more than a couple of laps around the parking lot. Shame on me.

Looking for a heavier spring (currently on a 500lbs spring) for the Noleen shock...would love to see if anyone has one sitting around. Thanks

Attachments

• image-5.jpeg
    image-5.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 813
  • image-2.jpeg
    image-2.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 813
  • image-8.jpeg
    image-8.jpeg
    210.2 KB · Views: 812
  • image-12.jpeg
    image-12.jpeg
    213.8 KB · Views: 811
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 813
very nice!
i have put my rts1 on here tonight dont see one for ages then 2 together!!
:LOL:

imo one of the iconic gt's ever.

mtbdave":1ntov9ik said:
very nice!
i have put my rts1 on here tonight dont see one for ages then 2 together!!
:LOL:

imo one of the iconic gt's ever.

Do you know, i was actually going to start a thread for my Team RTS tonight :LOL: , but i scrapped it thinking i'm better waiting till i have more bits for the build.

Back