97 Sunn Exact Ti

Pedlar31

Dirt Disciple
Hi,
I'm a new member on here and the owner of this Sunn Exact Ti since 1998.
I didn't know much about it the bike until I found this site, so I decided to put it up. From the pics,most of the bike is original,excuse the beat up steel fork,the obsys carbon fork seems to have had it internally, they keep leaking oil every time they are used. I don't use the bike off road so I decided to put rigid forks on. Since funds don't allow for a carbon or titanium fork at the mo. I have to settle for a steel fork until I can get my hands on something better.(was looking at surly 1x1 or salsa cromoto).

The brakes are Magura 10th Anniversary with steel braided cables and carbon boosters. I have the original bars and Syncros stem,but have different ones on it for now. The gears are Sram ESP 9.0,rech mech.is the same with a Shimano XTR front mech. The wheels are Mavic 517 SUP.

Thoughts, advice and opinions appreciated

Lovely Morati made Titanium frame (re-badged HC1.1) & the perfect fork would be a Morati Titanium but they go for > £400

Thanks guys, I saw a couple of Sunn bikes with the Morati fork and they would be great on it, but it will have to wait a while. Hopefully the steel forks I have been looking at will suit for a while

I like the salsa cromoto forks too,just wondering if they fit the frame though. Was also looking at Trigon carbon forks on e-bay and trying to find out a bit more about them. They might be an option

great frame with good kit :cool:

call me boring and conservative, but a SUNN needs an Obsys fork ;)

Your right it does! but the seals keep leaking. It got to the point where I would get the forks serviced and they would start leaking oil after a couple of miles. Its a hassle having to service them every few weeks.

Latest posts

Back