'92 American Comp Lite

Arran

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
For some reason, my interest in this bike comes & goes. It's generally kicked off when I stop & have a good, hard look at the workmanship in the frame. I know there are a lot of mixed opinions about American welds but I, for one think they're bloody amazing. Especially when they're brought out on a hard-anodized frame (the anodizing doesn't take to the welds, accentuating them).

IMG_2896.jpg

Suntour XC-Pro (24 speed, microdrive) with XC-Pro post, Manitou 1's, M231 HA's, Ritchey Logic saddle, Zooka stem etc. Frame & most parts are NOS.

IMG_2904.jpg

IMG_2897.jpg

IMG_2903.jpg

IMG_2902.jpg

IMG_2900.jpg

IMG_2901.jpg

IMG_2899.jpg

IMG_2905.jpg

beautiful bike - looks very nice and loved....but I think a Flite Ti saddle would finish it off perfectly (only because I have a "soft" spot for Flite!)

If you're ever tempted to part with it....I may just be interested :)

rockz631689":uo2t6ajr said:
beautiful bike - looks very nice and loved....but I think a Flite Ti saddle would finish it off perfectly (only because I have a "soft" spot for Flite!)

I don't disagree with you... but I don't have one. :cry:

rockz631689":uo2t6ajr said:
If you're ever tempted to part with it....I may just be interested :)

Could be interested... Where are you located? If you're not in Australia there's zero chance of us doing a deal. Shipping ex; Aus on a frame is insane!

Really nice build there - great choice of components :D

I am a 'lover' of the American frames - an M16 is on my wishlist :D

That is one of the nicest American's I've seen on the internet. I really like them & theres not a lot of them about in my opinion.

Cool bike!

Wonderful bike...Cool project
So clean...Time to ride it...
I was wondering what year The CompLite switched from down tube routing of the deraileurs to the top tube. Your bike answers that question for me. Must have been 93.

Enjoy the ride,
T

Back