Ibis Ti Mojo build up

klasse

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I purchased an Ibis Ti Mojo a few years ago. It was an ebay auction with poor photos and the Seller basically had no feedback record. It finished with no bids. I contacted the Seller after the close of the auction and we agreed on a price of around $1000 USD, he sent me basically a complete bike with mostly XTR M900 stuff, Rock Shox Mag 21 fork.

I have been wishy washy about how to build it up. At first I thought it would be all M900 stuff. Finally, I decided to get light parts but keep it sturdy in the right places.

I have most or all of the parts for it, so time to build her up.

I believe it's a 1994, size XL 21" to top of ST. Here is the frame:

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

that is lovely.. :shock: a Ti handjob, look at the work, just brilliant.

watching with great interest.

:cool:

sinnerman":3ra1d12n said:
that is lovely.. :shock: a Ti handjob, look at the work, just brilliant.

watching with great interest.

:cool:

thanks man, will post up the parts in the coming days :cool:

and be looking for a few suggestions from you guys

My friend is currently building up the wheels.

I don't expect these rims to last very long but for the initial build I decided to green light them...they are light and pretty. I've never ridden TNT hubs. I was looking for a set of Hope titanium hubs, perhaps in the future.

tnthubs.jpg

DSCN5578.jpg

dancingjack":91gxn51q said:
Looks absolutely yummy mate. Can't wait to see the finish built! Will you be you going with Ti spokes?

Not with these fragile rims.

We are going with steel spokes.

Probably down the road if/when I toast these rims, I will run a stronger rim with Ti spokes.

Absolute stunning!

I have the same T.I.B. rims on red King hubs on my KHS TiLite (built up with mostly red ano parts (king hubs and hs, avid ultimate levers, kooka rings) and ti parts (syncros post, russian ti cranks cqp lookalike, moots stem, whitebros riser, rigid fork) - they are my most beloved rims (ok, on the grove I have the 231 CDs and on the Buck 217 ceramic)

bratfass":2au2lg3a said:
Absolute stunning!

I have the same T.I.B. rims on red King hubs on my KHS TiLite (built up with mostly red ano parts (king hubs and hs, avid ultimate levers, kooka rings) and ti parts (syncros post, russian ti cranks cqp lookalike, moots stem, whitebros riser, rigid fork) - they are my most beloved rims (ok, on the grove I have the 231 CDs and on the Buck 217 ceramic)

Glad you like. I selected Avid levers as well...is your bike posted here?

I have never seen a polish titanium ibis ! So nice !

I have ask to Scott Nichols if he'll do again some nice purple ibis decals… ;)

Back