1993 Klein Attitude Moonrise

Tbone99

Dirt Disciple
Hello everyone, new member here and wanted to show off my new ride to people that can appriciate a nice pink bike. How I got it is a pretty good story. So I'm sitting in my garage working on a bike and I see a woman ride by on the really bright pink bike and as I'm watching her turn around I see it change from Orange to Pink then to Purple. At that point I had an idea of what it was so I grabbed my single speed and gave chase. Turns out she was a neighbor that lived one block away so I pulled up in her driveway and started asking her about her bike. He husband comes up and starts telling me he bought it new in 1993 as a frame, fork, headset and had it built up. He said it was not ridden much and I believe him. The original tires still had nipples running down the middle. I have never seen a bike that old be so clean. I asked him if he would be interested in selling it. He said they were just getting ready to post it up forsale because they were in the market for some new mountain bikes to get back into riding. He took it into the shop they were looking to buy new bikes from and they said they would give him $300. He bought it new so he knew it was worth more than that so he was going try and sell it on his own. He had every receipt, manual, shock pump etc that it came with so I was a little scared to ask him what he wanted for it. I made him an offer and after going back and forth a few times we struck a deal. The only thing I've done to it is remove the ugly giant bar ends he had on it and add some XTR trail pedals. The brakes work ok but I like good brakes so I found some used XTR 950's that are on the way. Can't wait to take it for a ride :LOL: I couldn't find any scratches on it but it does have a few paint chips on the chainstay from chain slap. I was amazed how well that old XTR with Grip-Shift works. I almost took off the fender but figured I would keep it on to prevent the downtube from getting hit with any rocks. Now I'm debating on getting some tubeless tires and setting it up tubeless. The rear duster has some weather cracking and the both feel quite hard.

Attachments

• P1030840.JPG
    P1030840.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 2,566
  • P1030849.JPG
    P1030849.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 2,566
  • P1030854.JPG
    P1030854.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 2,566
  • P1030857.JPG
    P1030857.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 2,566
I never get tired of that color. Makes me miss my moonrise attitude.

M950 is too new for that bike and a set of properly adjusted M900 cantis will stop you in a heartbeat. Also, you need some proper M900 STIs and ditch those levers and grip shifts, those things are crap!

Otherwise it's a gorgeous ride.

Oh yeah, ditch the fender. :p

A lucky nice find. My 2p worth remove the fender. Other wise leave as it is.

vintage pedals and no mud guard. thats allit needs. dont run modern anything on it!

it has serious fruit on it, you jagged yourself an incredibly nice bike!

Love the color, moonrise and horizon linear fades my two favorite colors. Awesome story. Lucky for you considering he rejected the bike shop.

RESULT! Jammy git, well done and welcome, it looks bloody lovely, some nice parts there too, like the wheels and QRs.

Nice score! got some pretty sweet gear on it. yea loose the xtr pedals and mud guard but keep the rest ;)

Back