Raleigh Mtrax Ti3000

gerryattrick

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Had a browse through Gumtree while having a cup of tea this afternoon and saw this Ti300 had been put on 10 mins earlier. I'd wanted to try some Ti out for a while, but not at Ti prices, so gave it a go and got it (not full Ti but you can't have everything). Only 10 minutes from my house so I picked it up straight away before he'd changed his mind. ;) ;)
Anyway here it is and it looks even better in the flesh. A bit too much purple bling for my taste inc purple Light, trip computer, water bottle and Crud Catchers but everything in good order - except for the RC35s as you can see in the pics - I think Tim, justbackdated might be getting a call soon. (Crudcatcher on top tube as collapsed fork doesn't allow room on down tube)

I think it's a 1994 but ready to be corrected if not.

Before and after tidying up pics shown

Attachments

• IMG_2013.JPG
    IMG_2013.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 2,740
  • IMG_2012.JPG
    IMG_2012.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 2,734
  • IMG_2011.JPG
    IMG_2011.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 2,744
  • IMG_2010.JPG
    IMG_2010.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 2,747
  • IMG_2017.JPG
    IMG_2017.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 2,396
Oops. :oops: :oops:

didn't notice that as I've reversed the bosses on my RC36s and assumed the seller had done the same, but.....looking at the dropouts it's obvious.

I wonder how long he's been using them like that.

Paul Eggleton":1s2v1307 said:
:shock: what on earth made them put the forks on the wrong way round!!!!!

He saw the neighbors bike and though - well the brake have to point forwards :cool:

When I sort the fork out I'll have to check if there is a way of reversing the brakes so they fit on the front like I've done on the RC36s. I never have liked the rear facing brakes on Pace forks - no rational reason, they just look wrong imo - even if there is no difference in performance.

oh dear!.....how can someone know enough about bikes to have an rc35 equipped ti frame/lx etc....and be happy with that set up?.....thankfully its back in the fold!.... :D

Back