Pace RC200 F3 - RC0647

ethos

Retro Guru
I've finally found a spare minute to post a picture of my RC200 project that I've been fiddling around with for the last few months. I'll try and get some better pics done soon. Thanks to all the Retrobike users that have helped me out with advice and parts :D

I was originally intending to build a light single speed RC200 for my commute to work, but I really needed a few gears to help me out on a few steep hills! So I opted for a single 36t chainring and an 8spd rear mech, which is proving to be just the spread of ratios I need around the inner London area.

Sorry, it's not all retro :oops:

Pace RC200 F3 Frame 'RC0647' - 16.5"
Pace Titanium Nuts + Bolts
Pace RC31 Magnesium/Titanium Forks
Chris King Aheadset
Kolo Titanium Stem
Pace/Rental Sub130 Handlebars (Purple)
Bontrager Race-Lite Grips
Paul's Love Levers
Shimano XTR V-Brakes
Topline Crank
Pace 36T Chainring
Shimano XTR 8spd Cassette
Shimano XTR M952 Rear Mech
Gripshift SRT-800 Rear Shifter
Ambrosia Carbon/Titanium BB
Shimano DX Pedals
Control Tech Seatpost
Fizik Gobi Ti Saddle
Hope Mono Hubs x Mavic XC717
Specialized AC Pro Tyres
Hope Titanium Front Q/R
Titanium Rear Skewer

Weight: 18.5lbs

Nice, good wieght too :)

Mine is nearly ready too, i'm hoping when i get back to work on Wednesday that my tyres have arrived, all she'll need then are some decals from Gil :)

What i can't decide is whether to go with RC-30's or RC-35's. I'm thinking maybe i'll save the shocks for summer.

StevePSD":1s21zo38 said:
That's gorgeous!!! Knowing that you have that as you mode of transport must be a massive motivation to get out of bed and ride to work in the morning.
Second those thoughts too. Its a joy to go to work. Public transport sucks. It was a pain going to work & a mare getting. Plus i'm quicker than going by bus. :D
You must fly on that. 18.5 plus skinnies.

Thanks all :D

Really enjoying riding to work on it. Considering that 95% of the bikes locked in our work bike shed are newly purchased via the 'ride2work scheme', it's nice to park a bike in there with some character. It sticks out like a sore thumb!

First time I've ridden with fixed front forks for ages and I'm loving it. I was running RC35's on it for a few months, but the RC31's have transformed it for road use. Superb forks.

I was riding my Pace to work with the RC35's on and it really does make a difference going back to the RC30's....

I'm running mine currently with Conti 1.5's on so I can switch from the road to the rough stuff..heh heh

Rich

wow what a rush i wouldn't go to work if i had to ride that in id just keep riding :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: lovin the weight jammy buddy i cant get my orange prestige any where nere that stuck at 20.7lbs nd theres nkow where else to shave weight :cry: :cry: :cry:

Latest posts

Back