1990 ROBERTS BUILD - Final update

treacle

Senior Retro Guru
Teasing a new Roberts build which will happen soon. Bike is shown below in its current form (photo from original sale ad - hope previous owner does not mind?!), with what looks like the original parts fitted (a mix of XT and campag). Frame will undergo a respray from Roberts / Colourtech (Same colour again I reckon) and the parts will probably get sold on (check the Classifieds soon!). I have a new build spec in mind using parts left over from past conquests which although pre 1998, won't necessarily be all from 1990.

This bike was bought on a whim recently, but I am pretty excited about it, as the frame is so beautiful... and once built up will become my everyday run around....

...watch this space!

Attachments

• roberts.jpg
    roberts.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 970
Going to be interesting this one. Can't wait to see the progress :)

Have you spoken to Colourtech about the respray? I need to get my D.O.G.S B.O.L.X done so would be interested to see what you think of the paint job when its done.

this is lovely, and i am really glad someone here bought it.

All but the tubing, its near identical to look at to my Whitespider Ultralight.

Spoke to Colourtech this afternoon. Going for same colour, sprayed decals (instead of transfers) all for a not too bad sum of money. Quoted a 2 - 3 week turnaround.

Now to find a suitable seatpost and stem to complete my build....

Been having some inner turmoil in the last week or so. An opportunity has come up for another 'unicorn' bike for me and I really can't afford to gain a fourth bike, having recently cutting my fleet down to 2, which became 3 with this Roberts.

So it is a sad day but I am going to have to let this bike go before it even began.

Some parts have already been sold, so will be adding a sale thread for the remaining parts and another for the frame and forks (and headset) in due course.

</end roberts>

That's a great shame on two counts.

Shame you can't complete your project and also a shame you had started to break it up before you decided not to go ahead.

Giom6, another Roberts for the fleet? ;)

Back