Dyna tech Diablo DX single speed build - Its back on!!!

jimbog

Senior Retro Guru
Picked this up last night after winning on e bay.

The plan is to build the bike up as a single speed for three main reasons -

1. To reduce the budget of the build.
2. To keep things simple and light.
3. I have never had a single speed and fancy trying it out. I can always build it back to DX geared spec at a later date.

From the previous owner (Dan b) I got the frame, forks, headset, qr skewers, x lite seat post and a DX crank. Thanks again Dan.

I have been busy today cleaning and polishing and thought that I would put up a few piccies.

037.jpg

041.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

I will post more pics as I go along.

Jim

Gave the seat post a polish using varying grades of wet and dry followed by metal polish.

Before

033.jpg

After

042.jpg

043.jpg

Diablo

These frames Rock, guess as they are fairly easy to source in the UK, we don't rate them that highly, but they ride really superbly and are very fast over the ground and light with it, looking forward to theis build! ;)

Cheers Wold Ranger. I have heard good reviews about these from others. Do you own one?

Today I have -

Split my DX chainset, polished and then re built using deep cut bmx style single 39 tooth ring and some nice new shiny short bolts.

044.jpg

045.jpg

048.jpg

052.jpg

May restore forks today if the sun shows. Need to sand them back, prime, then paint again.

Nice good polishing skillz. Re-using components is a good ethos

Not into the single speed thing myself, maybe it's all the hills around here, but I love these frames

I fully expect your build is going to look very cool!

hi jimbog....welcome to the site!....i had the same ethos a few years ago when i did the same thing for the same reasons with a cannondale m1000.....

IMG_01771-1.jpg

single speeding has a unique carachter, the bike will seem simplified and light, easy to maintain, great for fitness and pedalling cadence control, and offroad you will learn to read the ground ahead in a different way and maintain momentum much in the same way as a more advanced driver would in a car.....

.....i have three bikes with no gears now, and they are great....i look forward to seeing what you do with yours....good luck and keep the pics coming.... :D

Those frames do look great.. you got me thinking now, I want a british classic!

Whats the weight of that frame, did you check?

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. I will keep the photos coming as and when I progress.

jujupunk -

FRAME
001-1.jpg

FORKS
002-1.jpg

Back