Help with dating of this Rocky Mountain Altitude?

Aqupussy

Retro Newbie
Hi guys!

I came across this Rocky Mountain Altitude but after some research I am confused as to it's age.

The components seem to be from the early 90's (threaded headset, canti-brakes, 7 speed) but the frame decal says "Rocky Mountain 1981-1996" and it has the 1997 Indy SL fork.

Also, it has a red paint that doesn't seem to match other bikes I see on here.

I am in Canada however so they could have had different versions of the bike.

Thanks.

96976mh_20.jpeg

3719ak6_20.jpeg

0533ggd_20.jpeg

I'm guessing early 90's.
Email RM with the serial number. The decals are wrong. RM gave away a lot those 81 to 96 decals. I may still have a few of those decals around my desk.
Indy SL, not Judy SL.
Van? Vic?

Whoops my bad, I don't know why I had Judy stuck in my head.

I am assuming then it is an early '90's with a newer fork, maybe they got the decal when the fork was put on.

Van? Vic?
Interior of BC.

It looks like a 1992 Altitude with a repaint and later/random stickers. I don't think the serial number will tell you the year, but the frame details do.

Only 2 years to choose from.
IT not 1991, it is 1992.

Assuming it's what it says it is. At first glance it is.

I can confirm from the serial number.
Also Q/R area close up (all the tube intersections around there including the bottom part of the reinforcing there and bottom bracket shell from underneath.

I was hoping it would be a 91. I know the drop outs does not mean much. It would nice was the Ritchey tubing.
RM still has a office in Delta. Just email them with your serial #.

If it is a 92 Altitude, it is made of a Tange Prestige Ultimate Superlight 'blend', which rates above the 'Ritchey Logic Prestige custom' used for the 91 Altitude. I think I'm right in saying that Tange Ultimate only came out in 1992, so maybe it should be viewed as RM continuing to go with the best tubing as it became available.

Anthony":19fem0cc said:
If it is a 92 Altitude, it is made of a Tange Prestige Ultimate Superlight 'blend', which rates above the 'Ritchey Logic Prestige custom' used for the 91 Altitude. I think I'm right in saying that Tange Ultimate only came out in 1992, so maybe it should be viewed as RM continuing to go with the best tubing as it became available.

Hmm, there is "Richtey" stamped on the rear dropout, however.

I was hoping it would be a 91. I know the drop outs does not mean much.

Oh, they just used Richtey dropouts then I assume.

Back