1993 Saracen Sahara Elite

jujupunk

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Picked this up off ebay the other week for a far price, it's a little dirty and tatty with a fair few paint chips. Purchased for my GF until a purple/white e stay is built at her request.

The Max Drive 32mm travel :)shock:) forks are knackered so will be changed to rigid or some other 65mm travel fork.

Soooooooooooooo at some point it looked like this

8bQL3.jpg

and now looks like this..........

lrs4D.jpg

aCSkz.jpg

KF58L.jpg

nice m8!

I have one of these, they ride really well!

Its stripped back to a frame now, i'm having a disc tab welded on!

:cool:

Its alright chap just like the look of skinnier forks I have a secret desire for some of those old marzzochi jobbies :oops: the ones that taper down to the drop out and are drilled through. They are prolly terrible and flex like two maccy d's straws but I love the look.

Just removed the forks after a little persuasion with a wooden mallet and discovered it to be 1 1/8th threaded fork... are these common?

Looking to replace the fork with an old Judy or Indy fork of the ahead type.

Would anyone want a 1 1/8th threaded ritchey headset???? :?

Now to clean the bugger, i'm leaving the BB in there as it feels fine

Dont go too mad, for the money you are about to spend on this, you can buy a better model. These are quite heavy and the ride is a bit dead.

Here is your challange:

From this

saracen_sahara_elite_165.jpg

To this:

saracen_sahara_elite_redux_243.jpg

legrandefromage":2wznyaow said:
Dont go too mad, for the money you are about to spend on this, you can buy a better model. These are quite heavy and the ride is a bit dead.

Completely agree, problem is the fork that came with it was buggered, I do have some rigid forks that'll will work so may try them just going to use the parts bin to build it up

Will still need a new headset....:?

or could I just find the top bit to a headset to top off the threaded one???

The rest will stay, will be a run about for the missus will we get the Killi Racer sorted

I agree with LGF, I had one of these in similar condition and rebuilt it it to relive my early days on a Tufftrax Elite (similar frame I thought). Good fun but a bit heavy and not as lively as something more expensive. Polish up nice though as Saracen Paint is the biz.

Mine went to a guy on here to be built up as a tourer which is well suited as pretty bombproof.

The long forks were a mistake, slowed it down too much.

I have a pair of Tange Struts that look similar to the original but are far better quality if you want to keep the spindly look?

Attachments

• 2012-02-08 (640x480).jpg
    2012-02-08 (640x480).jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 4,279
  • IMAG0787 (640x480).jpg
    IMAG0787 (640x480).jpg
    56 KB · Views: 4,279

Latest posts

Back