TREK 8700

dalecooper

Senior Retro Guru
Since friday i'm the proud owner of a 1993 TREK 8700. Bike is in very good shape (some scratches due to chainsuck i'm working on that..) And after a good cleaning looks like new. Bike is equipped with XT front and rear derailleur. Shifters/levers Deore DX as well as the brakes. It's amazing how well these shimano items are built absolutely no play! I'm a happy owner. It will be used for commuting to work (22 KM every day)
IMAG0215.jpg

IMAG0216.jpg

IMAG0217.jpg

That's rather splendid. . . :cool: :cool: :cool:

As much as I prefer the neon orange variant, I'm quite taken by this more subtle version.. :cool: :cool:

Thanks for the compliments! My plans so far are getting the right size stem (allready taken care of..) and thinking about the tyres. Maybe a suspension fork RS Mag21 or if i can find one the FSX... I want to keep this one original!

Love this bike, in the yellow & orange they look damm nice, but this in blue looks amazing!.. I really wanted the ones on ebay recently, but house move came first :(.. damm wife and kids..lol

Nice bike!

Does anyone of you know the colorcode for this particular bike?? I've emailed Trek Benelux for some paint but they do not have these anymore.. I can look at a carshop but to find the right color.... :oops: :oops:

Can't work out if that is the same as the Trek (linked in my sig) either way, superb bikes.

I tried to get the colour code out of Trek ages ago to no avail, these bikes always seem to have bad chain suck.

Today i've made some improvements. I fitted a longer stem some new (foam) grips and a set of 1.6 continental sportcontact tyres. Now it's ready for some commuter work. I know it doesn't look like a proper MTB anymore but this one is needed for work.
IMAG0227.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

IMAG0230.jpg

Back