GT RTS-2 '93

Hawmaw

MacRetro Rider
Having discovered cracks in the seat stays of my '93 Marin Nail Trail I had the bits and pieces left lying about the garage so I purchased a nice RTS-2 frame from Mtbdave. Here's the finished article. Crap phone pic I'm afraid , the camera has given up.

All the forks I had lying about were too short in the steerer for this large size frame and I had a job finding a nice fork with a 230mm steerer. Eventually got a Rock Shox Indy S c1997. Brand new in box from Rod Saetan. I replaced the feeble single elastomer with a pair of spring/elastomers from the Indy C on the M-Trax. Much better.

Wheels came from the Raleigh Dune Dancer and are LX hubs with Mavic rims c1990. The wheels from the Marin went on the Dancer.

Cantis are LX and also came from the Dune Dancer.

Rear mech , shifters/levers and pedals are LX from the Marin. The chain set is Exage , also from the Marin.

Front mech is also LX sourced from Big Eck

The stem and bars were meant to be black but I stripped the threads on the black stem so I used an alu stem and Ritchey bars from a Muddy Fox c1999.

Saddle , grips and headset are all Ritchey.

So as is often the case I had to buy more than I anticipated but it's a nice bike.

The Dune Dancer and M-Trax have been sold on with substitute parts to make room in the garage.

GTRTS-2.jpg

superb
try to get a piggy back shock for it the damping control makes a differance

nice build
think we need a GT macretro meet

Holy cow that's mahoosivee :LOL: , nice though, the Indy's are pretty good, had a set i bought new BITD, lay in a cupboard for unused for 12 years, dug them out and they worked perfect :), left them on a Sunn i sold though.

nice too see her built up,the colours look great on the frame you really have to see it in the flesh!!
mine will be done (eventually) and hopefully online around the 25th.

lovley looking bikes and not out of place stylewise even now.

hows it ride?

Back