1993 Orange Prestige

That's a respray ?
Looks similar to my Alu-O's dodgy Plastic-Coat type 'paint'
Original would be Matt black (If I'm right)
But if it's working and you like the look, nothing to worry about. I keep meaning to take mine off, but it sits there doing it's jobs (well some places it was way too thick and needed snapping off :LOL:)

Was watching that one myself. A good score :cool:

You can get a replacement headset off ebay for not many pennies. It'll be 1" threaded. ;)

FluffyChicken":27qs2xpa said:
That's a respray ?
Looks similar to my Alu-O's dodgy Plastic-Coat type 'paint'
Original would be Matt black (If I'm right)
But if it's working and you like the look, nothing to worry about. I keep meaning to take mine off, but it sits there doing it's jobs (well some places it was way too thick and needed snapping off :LOL:)

Nope, it's the original paint job. I was thinking of having it re sprayed by Orange but i'll be leaving it as it is. Mainly due to the cost of having Orange do the paint work, very pricey at £150 for a hard tail in flat black.

Personally I would leave it be and just use it to get the best from the remainder of the summer.

If the colour still bugs you then why not get it matt black powder coated over the winter. It will be far cheaper and longer lasting than most paint jobs.

Ask around to see if anyone can reccomend a decent podwer coaters in your area. Most do a decent blast clean and powder coat for between 70-100 quid. Make sure they are bike experienced though so they will know what to mask off and plug before the powder coat.

Love that Richard :)

I would leave it just as it is too, hope to see it for real on Sunday ;)

Back