1993 Kona "HOT" 650B conversion

GearlessinSeattle

Senior Retro Guru
So some of you may remember this from "Ebay and Marketplace Watch".
If not, here is the link:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... hlight=hot

I was not sure what to do with this but this weekend I decided to convert it to a 650B SS Retro Cruiser.
I am surprised I got it to work but the frame being the size that it is it came out pretty good.
I used Paul Motolite brakes because of their adjustability but they still give very little clearance for mud.
I guess this will be a dry weather retro ride.:)

Frame:1993 Kona TET Hot
Fork:Original P2
Brakes: Paul Motolites with Love levers
Stem, Seatpost and Bars: Syncros
Wheels: WI ENO's laced to Stan's ZTR's
Cranks:Kooka
BB:UN72

Attachments

• IMG_0414.jpg
    IMG_0414.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 4,298
  • IMG_0415.jpg
    IMG_0415.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 4,302
  • IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 4,308
Looks nice, like the clean lines. Would love to get my hands on a nice Hot :D

This really makes me with I had kept the Syncros Revolutions I had as they would have completed the look. Oh well, easy come and easy go.:)

GearlessinSeattle":6h8xj6e9 said:
This really makes me with I had kept the Syncros Revolutions I had as they would have completed the look. Oh well, easy come and easy go.:)

:LOL: exactly what i think when i look at some of the quality ive passed on lately!

its_kirby":odoja3i8 said:
GearlessinSeattle":odoja3i8 said:

:LOL: exactly what i think when i look at some of the quality ive passed on lately!
;)

Ernie ;)

No decals.
I am thinking, since I got the frame so cheep, of getting the brake posts taken off and getting them rewelded to better accommodate the brakes and get better clearance.
At that point I would get it repainted and apply decals.
I know some my think of this a sin but..........

Back