Need help dating old Marin Muirwoods bike -pics & serial

finn

Retro Newbie
Hi Nice Bike Folks! I know NOTHING about bikes - didn't even own one. I fell in love with this little fella (see pic) at a rummage sale and bought it for almost nothing. Then found it was actually an awesome brand. Now I love it more and I'm trying to find out when it's from and where. I've googled my fingers bloody but haven't found anything this color except for on a German bulletin board. I'm trying to find the year and if it was purchased in the US originally.

I'm in Northern California. The bike has a few very light scratches but aside from that is pristine.

Can you guys help me out? The serial number is o3as0887. Pics below.

I appreciate any help. Best wishes.

F

Here's the bike...

Photo was too large - had to resize

Attachments

• marinbikewhole.jpg
    marinbikewhole.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 578
You rule - thanks. A parts question?

Holy crap - you even had the brochure. Awesome. Thank you so much. That would explain why I couldn't find anything in that color in my hours of googling. And I swear I've looked at everyone's flickr and photobucket sets that showed up in search results. The only one in that blue was from a gentleman who had just a frame and he was in the UK.

If the bike was brought over, will that make getting parts for it here difficult? The thing is literally in pristine shape - it must have just been parked in a garage since '93. It's missing pedals but I'll just use universals. But should something go dastardly wrong with it, would the parts for a European market bike be the same as a bike for the US market?

Thanks again.

f

good find. :cool:

the condition looks fine so, unless you thrash it to death nothing will go wrong that will put the bike out of action any time soon.

you even have the marin lite tyres on there, nice. ;) all other parts are standardised really. as mentioned above the colour scheme is the main difference. you will probably find parts easier over your side than here, if ever the need arises.

we are on hand if you have any probs crop up. enjoy.

Back