1993? Mongoose IBOC Pro

Retro_Roy

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
hi all
picked up this one on the way home today. guess you can see the appeal in it. :)
quite liking the frame too. :cool:
roy

Attachments

• Mongoose IBOC Pro 002.JPG
    Mongoose IBOC Pro 002.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 2,753
  • Mongoose IBOC Pro 003.JPG
    Mongoose IBOC Pro 003.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 2,753
  • Mongoose IBOC Pro 001.JPG
    Mongoose IBOC Pro 001.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 2,753
Sweet. I had emailed the guy about buying this too as I wanted the fork, but as it's not threadless anyway it wasn't going to be any use to me for my steel Vertex build.

Hope you didn't pay much more than 70 bucks as that was the offer he was thinking about :LOL:

hi walleater
got it for $80. which i think is reasonable. fork is dirty but in great shape. and the more i look at it the more i'm liking this frame. also checked out several on here and they build up quite nicely.
roy

That's funny. I'd typed out 80 bucks in my final email, but just before I hit 'send' I changed the 8 to 7. Serves my right for being a tight-ass! It's a nice frame for sure, from back in the day when Mongoose was cool, what with the BMX heritage, and then Tomac riding for them.

hi
thanks lester, seller was original owner. couldn't remember exact year. thought it was 1993. it's going to be close. a year one way or the other i'd imagine. any one else know for certain? and it's definetrly steel frame.
hey walleater, even if it didn't work on your current build why wouldn't you snag it for the fork alone? $80 !!!! show of hands, who here would buy this fork today if i offered it up for sale at $80. :)
i'm going to use this fork on my rocky mountain summit build. steer tube is exact length i need. i have a switchblade i'll put on this mongoose. clean it up and ride it. :cool:
roy

Yeah good point :LOL:

I'm concentrating on my old Rocky at the moment but also 'have' to juggle money between old stuff and my new bikes. If the steerer had of been longer then I think I'd have gone for it anyway.

I'm gonna guess 1991.

hi walleater
any pictures of your rm vertex on here yet? what stage is it at? started cleaning up the syncros fork tonight. it's in great shape. syncros decals are scraped in a few spots but crown has very few scratches and black on forks is an 8.5/10 at least. might not even have to get it painted.
roy

1991 seems like a good guess to me. 1990 still had bottom pull front derailer. I've seen one claimed '91 with a bottom pull, but I think they were off on their date.

Looks like 1992 was the first year for Al IBOC Pro.

Back