Univega Alpina Uno - tip rescue

726moo

Devout Dirtbag
Hi

Just returned from the tip after rescueing, much to the annoyance of the guy at the tip, a Univega Alpina Uno. It a baby blue-ish colour with a subtle camaflogue type look.

Its complete, paintwork is ok, chain rusted solid, stem and bars pitted but everything is original.

Any clues about the bike a Google search doesnt bring up much?[/img]

Attachments

• univega.jpg
    univega.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 1,738
I worked on one that I'm guessing was a little earlier than yours. Kind of a smokey chrome finish on this one. Ukai rims. XC Sport mechs and hubs.

Sorry, that's about all I've got...

Univega's entry level bike and from 1993 according to bikepedia.

Ignore the low end groupset if it fits you it should be a nice riding bike.

The early Alpinas all used the same frame, and only differed by group. The Uno was the lower end of the range but had a really nice frame and decent quality group.

If the bike has Ukai Speedline rims (some early Alpinas did), be sure not to toss them, as they are worth a lot of money.

ish":2swyr9ms said:
If the bike has Ukai Speedline rims (some early Alpinas did), be sure not to toss them, as they are worth a lot of money.

One of my first 'flips' was this pink Alpina Uno I found laying on a scrap pile, it had a 'mixte' style frame I wanted for a project.....almost tossed the wheelset, but they were black and I kinda liked them. One day I looked up 'Ukai" on ebay.....whoa! Sold them on and bought a Ritchey Ascent frameset, now I'm totally addicted and have the retrobike disease.

Beware cheap Univegas....they are a gateway bike to retroaddiction. You have been warned.

IMG_6188.jpg

Latest posts

Back