Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:19 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:53 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Nice! I like these as I regard them as the original soft tail and Moots seemed to be into Titanium as a frame material very early - first one shown in '91? I saw one for sale recently but it'd had a very hard life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:18 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

jonrock wrote:
Nice bike.
Interesting rear brake set-up.
J

Thanks Jon!

I feel the same way too about the brake cables. But haven't been too bothered with them since they've not bothered me. Maybe after the off road session things might change? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:22 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

jujupunk wrote:
nice looking bike, how much travel does that have on the back? Does it bottom out much?

Very nice build 8)

Thanks mate! I've no actual knowledge about this frame other than the serial number which is #93 19. I'm hoping some gurus here could give some pointer.

I'll let you know if it bottoms out this weekend when I head off road. Really do hope it's wet to test my skills once more!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:27 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Uncle Monty wrote:
Nice! I like these as I regard them as the original soft tail and Moots seemed to be into Titanium as a frame material very early - first one shown in '91? I saw one for sale recently but it'd had a very hard life.

Hello Uncle Monty!

I have to admit I never had much of a thing for Moots back then. Had always been a fan of Merlins instead.

Moots did came out with a number of weird looking stuffs, so did the rest of the Titanium "mafias". What I do know is the YBB series was launched in 93 with a 1" head tube. But this particular one I have is a 1 1/8". I guess I'm lucky cause the parts are easier to source. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:14 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Wow, dream frame 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:35 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Definitely a very tasty bit of work. Love the Lizards - there was a set for sale on here recently which were tempting but I was skint. How good are they?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:54 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

michael franks wrote:
Definitely a very tasty bit of work. Love the Lizards - there was a set for sale on here recently which were tempting but I was skint. How good are they?

Thanks mate! I bought the Lizards off the seller. I think he has a number of them?

No doubt, they are cheap. I love how they look to be honest. But problem is, setting them up is quite tricky. Also, it does not land flat enough onto the rim to fully maximise the braking power of those brakes. I will attach some photos for your reference over the next few days. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:56 pm 
Retro Guru

dancingjack wrote:
Thanks mate! This is my real pride and joy now!!!

As it should be!!! What do you think of it being a soft tail vs a hardtail? I want to hear a ride review :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:38 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

As promised, here are some close up photos of the brakes. It is quite difficult to set up indeed. And up till now, I've not been able to use the Quick Release method as it hooks on way too tight!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:21 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

I have to hang on a little while more till I'm able to give some proper reviews on the bike. Unfortunately, not many bikes has been able to match the fun I had on my first bike, the Cannondale Beast of the East....

bwhsh8r wrote:
dancingjack wrote:
Thanks mate! This is my real pride and joy now!!!

As it should be!!! What do you think of it being a soft tail vs a hardtail? I want to hear a ride review :twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next