The old ones are the best!

gil_m

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Ok, its the first real "summer" evening we have had and the local hidden trails are bone dry ~ what do I ride

First real outing since buying it and the brakes aren't even bedded in, but I love it.

It flows, it climbs, its so supple its unreal and to cap it all I have just got hold of the new Tool album to drive me round.

Couldn't ask for a better night, roll on the summer :LOL:

Attachments

• IMG_0695a.jpg
    IMG_0695a.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 6,602
Kept that one quiet Gil. Very nice it is too.

Like the new school / old school thing you've got going on there.

Definite future BOTM contender :D

A little more to wet the appetite :D

Attachments

• IMG_0688a.jpg
    IMG_0688a.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 6,552
  • IMG_0697a.jpg
    IMG_0697a.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 6,552
is that really welding ............... :shock:

it looks like it was smoothed out by the finger of a vestal virgin

absolutely stunning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How's it ride...

Basically I set it up with the Pace forks at 100mm, initially steering felt a bit "floaty", might knock them down to 80mm and the fact I have been riding nothing but a rigid Ti 29"er all winter, suspension was a bit of a shock to put it politely

The weird thing is the way the frame "wags", if you get off the bike and rock the rear wheel from side to side the whole thing flexes around the shock mount, this has a two way "pivot" point, it looks odd but to be honest you only notice it if you really stamp on the power in the big ring, It can also be used to your advantage once you get the hang of it, rails round corners and works with you for a very compliant ride.

Set up with a RP 3 shock, seems to work really well flick the switch and it climbs like a really compliant hardtail, just digs in and climbs, flick it back and throw it across stone causeways, it just loves it. Its a very active feel, but in the same light you don't notice it working, but I guess that's down to a good design.

Gone for a modern twist on the spec, with a few bits of retro flavour

Pace RC36 Evo III
Hollowtech II chainset
XT Thumbshifters ~ 8 Spd
XTR Mechs
Formula B4 Disc brakes F & R
Ti Riser Bars
Ti Stem
Thomson Post
Salsa finishing kit

If anyone wants a go and is over this way give me a shout, I'll warn you now you will go away wanting one :LOL:

Back