1991 Giant Cadex - opinions required

ringo

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Getting towards the end of my Cadex build... but need some advice, I have fitted a later pair of Pace XC triple clamps (RC37's). I realise this is unusual but I think they look great! Not sure how they will ride though, not to mention how the frame will cope.

It just needs cabling up... Weight is currently 10.6 kilos with just chain and cable to go!

Spec is -

Full XTR M95*
Rim: Mavic D521's
Stem: Club Roost (but will be fitting my long ATAC)
Bar: Ritchey Forcelite
Saddle (ignore the current jaunty angle) Selle Italia plastic jobbie

I would appreciate all opinions, not just the "great bike" variety. Although those are always welcome too! As long as points are relevant, pretty much anything goes, I won't take offence as

A) You are a friendly crowd

B) I need some consensus as to whether this is a direction that works...

Anyway here's a few pics..

20120322_175433.jpg

20120322_175443.jpg

20120322_175459.jpg

20120322_175513.jpg

In my opinion, it looks great apart from the forks. It somehow looks a little uncomfortable with them on. I think it would look better with some rc36's. Love it apart from that. ;)

Looks great but unsure on the forks aswell.

Think they look good but then I think they don't :LOL: :LOL:

What about if I got Gil to do a set with the green bit in matching purple...?

Your Mrs would like it then Rojo!! :LOL: :LOL:

Keep the opinions coming guys... if the consensus is the forks don't work, I'll need to turn the question around and ask what frame I should fit the RC37's too, as I love them as a fork...

Love it Rich but agree on the forks, I will pop round at take it away if you like to save you the hassle of changing them.

Im with you ringo think it looks ok. And those forks prolly dont weigh anymore than some single crown ones of the time of the frame. No one seems to mind the dual crown forks on barneys x-lite.

The forks are bloody light... I was amazed...

Chris, when we doing the Humber Bridge gig? :D :D

Afraid I'm hating the forks, they just don't sit well with that frame (or it doesn't sit well on them!) to my eye :( Sorry mate - that's two builds you've got there, now get busy! ;) :LOL:

Not sure about the headset either while I'm feeling brutal. Bike's lovely though, and the forks are stunning too, just not together...

You've already said you're changing the stem, right? :LOL:

Back