The Alpinestar Family Another new arrival 09/12

johnnypie13

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
another new arrival cro-mega DX got it a couple of weeks ago just getting around to posting pics lovely condition all DX as it should be real nice example

P1000133.jpg

P1000134.jpg

P1000137.jpg

seems another one has turned up think they are breeding :LOL: came as a whole LX specced bike but most of the groupset is destined for the parts bin sitting on a set of spare wheels for the minute till i grease and rebuild the bearings in the wheels it came with

Build idea's most welcome

DSCF1822.jpg

New picture
P1000039.jpg

DSCF1696.jpg

DSCF1697.jpg

DSCF1698.jpg

DSCF1699.jpg

DSCF1700.jpg

DSCF1701.jpg

Will be nice once finished.

The red one looks like a well matched build.

I also like the grey A/S...

passiflora":1h1qun96 said:
Will be nice once finished.

The red one looks like a well matched build.

I also like the grey A/S...

thanks the red one needs a few finishing touches i'm going to remove the silver headset and put a black one on and i need to sort out the rear canti hanger as im using an al-mega one at the moment

The grey has a purple seatpost coming and some m095 lever / shifters going on

as for the blue Al-mega its going to have a new paint job same blue but pearl effect and a mix of XT / XTR silver parts hoping to get some special graphics for it something like Al-Mega ICustom build

The MS Racing will one day get completed :oops:

Still lusting after your grey estay.. unfortunately finances and other projects keep it at bay. Beautiful stable you have :cool:

jujupunk":2vwtlyxk said:
Still lusting after your grey estay.. unfortunately finances and other projects keep it at bay. Beautiful stable you have :cool:

Thanks I love the grey cro-mega it was such a lucky find and it was just the right size for me
I have such nice plans for the blue al mega though its going to be my first full rebuild from scratch going for a repaint same blue but pearl effect going to ask Gil to make me some custom graphics as I'm not too keen on some of the Astars graphic for 1992 model 1991's were so much nicer starting to gather parts already going for a XT / XTR set up going to stick with mainly silver parts would like a set of silver turbines for it got mavic cross wheels or campy ateks already with butterscotch pyscho's hopefully will get it done before the end of summer

New addition

well i have stared work on the Blue Al-Mega thought i would sort out the parts for her before sending it off to be painted

So far new 1 1/4" headset stand-in (waiting till i can afford a Chris King 2nut Silver)
USE bars and bar ends
UNO stem (completely lets the side down was thinking silver Syncros)
M900 canti's with Black Xlite Canti bolts
M735 front and rear derailleurs
original Alpinestars cable guide and seat QR
Mavic yellow cross wheels
Ritchey seatpost (For now want a silver one)
Azonic saddle (for now i think a Flite may be required)

DSCF1738.jpg

DSCF1737.jpg

DSCF1736.jpg

DSCF1735.jpg

Back