1990 Klein Pinnacle in poor condition

troje

Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
Sooner than good for me I found myself on my way home with this nice old Klein on the backseat of my car. It was advertised today on Dutch' Marktplaats, which was for me a good excuse to leave work and rush to the South of Holland. The owner, a friendly lady, had owned it for a long time but now decided to sell if for a small price.

So there it is in my basement. The frame is in bad shape with paint bubbles here and there. No cracks and dents. This bike has been neglected for a long time. I like it's caracter, even though this probably is a big project.

Anyone of you who can help me dating this frame? the serial tells R35081.

Is it a 1990 Pinnacle? Or 1991? Maybe 1989?

P1010330.JPG

P1010331.JPG

ez054098":2vcjxypj said:
Nice find. So what are your plans?

Not yet decided. But it's current state isn't as it should be, some components such as the wheels and stem are low quality so I'll replace them in the coming weeks. There is a big crack in the headset so that one needs replacement too.

i really like that - it's the 1st kleiin i've seen where the frame can be 'read' rather than the paintjob. And of course it's ORANGE (wannabee ;))

should be a seriously (for once) nice build :cool:

And

That's a really nice orange. As for year I'd say the chrome fork and lack of an MC1 stem leads me to believe it is a 1990 Pinnacle. It could also be a 1991, your serial number R35081 is just slightly ahead of my 91 Pinnacle R36014.

Thanks guys! the colour indeed is great, it's very remarkable and in reality even looks better than the pic.

A sad thing though that presumably the frame needs a repaint to get rid of all the paint bubbles..

Nah... I really have to think about that one :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I probably need to replace the cabling, maybe even the plastic guiders inside the frame. Any idea how I do this?

Back