1995 Kilauea - Rusty Rat

DeletedUser006

Old School Grand Master
Here is the birth of my next project :roll:

Another white Kilauea I hear you say .......................

Yes ................. :shock:

march2012002.jpg

I picked this up from the Sock warrior at Mayhem last year and had been hung in the bike home until last weekend. On Sunday I spent some time ( hours in fact ) Working away at a stuck seatpost that had been butchered with a holesaw.

I have thought on how I am going to base this project & all I am going to say is;

White = no chance
Different = of course
Rider = no question
Rigid = indeed
Single Speed = don't be silly
XTR = not a sausage
Mayhem = Bring it on
;)

Thank you sir , 95 it is then :cool:

I still have the Tange Prestige decal , managed to remove it before heat was applied to seat tube.

nice frame - nothing wrong about a 95 Tanged Kilauea, why not keep the white livery, guess I saw somewhere a white one with bronzeish P2 and Velocity stem, plus silver stuff and skinwall tyres and it looks ace :cool:

guess yours is a 18". is there a lot of rust inside the tubes, would assume :roll: anyway, looking forward the build

It's size is 18" & a beautiful frame indeed. This one is a little rough to put it mildly and will never be a stunning example, I feel the the white Kona has been overdone and personally I will always add a twist with colours as all of my refinished bikes will show ;) I do have the bronze P2's and velocity which will be staying in original form.

Cheers

GM :cool:

I hope it wasnt that thompson seatpost that was stuck!

Looking forward to this build.

Latest posts

Back