Excited about my 1993 Klein Rascal Tri Colour

Baldyz1

Retro Guru
Bought this last September in a bit if state with all the wrong kit.

Magura brakes, out of place wheels, Specialized forks. Many of the bits I actually sold through Retrobike to very satisfied customers. In return I have bought most of the correct parts from Retrobikers.

Finding this site has really given me enthusiasm and similar to many I have bought yet another Klein which waits my attention.

I love the challenge of solving the parts issues;

Brakes from Germany, correct bars from the USA, tyres from everywhere because I still can't get two to match in colour. One mech from the US again and still looking for an M900 31.8 bottom full front mech if anyone has one.

The bit I am most proud of is the forks as I painted them myself. These also came from Germany. I have some experience with painting, mainly classic cars but obviously it is difficult without precise air brushes etc.. I would not paint a frame for instance.

Still not finished but wanted to take shots anyway. I will finish the story later.

Attachments

• Klein_rascal1.jpg
    Klein_rascal1.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 670
  • Klein_rascal3.jpg
    Klein_rascal3.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 651
Looking very good.

Got to say though, it's a bit of a fancy bike to carry your ladder with. You must have a heck of a window cleaning round.

NeilM":1bhysl5z said:
Looking very good.

Got to say though, it's a bit of a fancy bike to carry your ladder with. You must have a heck of a window cleaning round.

It's very 'posh' on his round. :LOL: Lovely bike. do it justice :D

Back