McMahon Ti - a rider at last

nathanman

Retrobike Rider
I bought this frameset and some bits earlier in the year from GT Steve having followed the epic build thread he put up. It's my only current retro ride and hopefully i've done it justice. The extra spacers in the headset will be gone at the weekend when i get time to cut down the steerer. I have had to compromise a little on the build as finding parts to get the shaka's that came with the frame into a usable state have proven troublesome to say the least. This being the case i have settled for some RC35 mxcd's which i think complement the frame well.

6985831333_e46684a610_z.jpg

I was also looking to go with Paul mechs but cash has been a little short so M900 now graces its lovely lines (not that that is much of a compromise :D)

6839713032_34ba51208d_z.jpg

I decided on silver rings as the blue ones i had planned on cheapened the look :oops:

6839716380_f8ddb1b978_z.jpg

Other bits of the build include pauls love levers (not retro ones unfortunately but i love the way they look), WTB Ti bars, MRC Batwing front brake, MRC Scissor rear and a ringle wheelset. All in all not to shabby :D

Daylight pics to follow at the weekend.

I hope you like it.

azaro":27tcm717 said:
Looks good, but not sure about the saddle! ( A bit too "blue" IMHO.)

The flash on my camera is a little harsh so the saddle shows up brighter than it actually is, its more navy in normal light.

The cranks are McMahon Steely Danz....

Looking good indeed, fella. Absolute bummer about the Shaka forks, I'll have to do some more digging for you... :D

absolute ace!

But I would take other chainrings - black would look fine - but even the hardcoat of middleburn, when they are a bit older, they look more champagne - I have these on my TiLite - looking fine

Agree with the saddle, makes it slightly too blueish to my liking. But none the less, ace build.

How do the fork work? Have you gone off road with it? I am thinking of fitting one onto my Moots… Just ain't sure if i should take the plunge! :roll:

Thanks for the positive comments guys

dancingjack":tez1jfcs said:
Agree with the saddle, makes it slightly too blueish to my liking. But none the less, ace build.

How do the fork work? Have you gone off road with it? I am thinking of fitting one onto my Moots… Just ain't sure if i should take the plunge! :roll:

I've not riden this frame off road yet but i had the RC35 mxcd's on a Marin team frame and they rode really well, they wont come close to a set of Reba's or the like (not that you would want them to) but they were very comfy and took the edge of the hard knocks nicely. For me you cant go wrong with pace forks :D

utterly delightful!.....pm me your address and i will send you some cable crimps for the cables.....it shouldnt matter but it just does!.... :roll:

feetabix":48b86n4d said:
utterly delightful!.....some cable crimps for the cables.....it shouldnt matter but it just does!.... :roll:

Agree. But it's the finishing touch. Plus the cable ends will part and look nasty

No Mchahon logo ??

Love the cranks

Back