My first Kona with a name i can't pronounce

johnnypie13

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Picked this up yesterday and i like it a lot, its in lovely condition. She needs some TLC and i need to gather info on her so i can find what brakes / handlebars etc she should have, but still looks good though.

could be soon the flagship of my fleet

any info please let me know

DSCF1670.jpg

clownfish":2mc12f0c said:
sometimes having a pre-teen daughter comes in handy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir38tIOQdT0

:LOL:

awesome cheers mate made me smile too

The reef, rectangular, or wedge-tail triggerfish, also known by its Hawaiian name, humu­humu­nuku­nuku­āpuaʻa (pronounced [ˈhumuˈhumuˈnukuˈnukuˈwaːpuˈwɐʔə]), also spelled Humuhumunukunukuapua'a or just humuhumu for short; meaning "triggerfish with a snout like a pig"), is one of several species of triggerfish. Classified as Rhinecanthus rectangulus, it is endemic to the salt water coasts of various central and south Pacific Ocean islands. It is often asserted that the Hawaiian name is one of the longest words in the Hawaiian language and that "the name is longer than the fish."

I've got a frame and fork from that year that I need to either build or move on. What's the rear hub in yours? I was looking a putting a hub gear in mine but the back end's really narrow.

MikeD":deuaisqq said:
I've got a frame and fork from that year that I need to either build or move on. What's the rear hub in yours? I was looking a putting a hub gear in mine but the back end's really narrow.

According to specs it came with a King Kong 909 (sound like Kona own)
but the other in the range (A'HA, next model up) came with 7 speed internal Shimano hubs*, as far as I can see same frame and fork.

EDIT
*Shimano Inter-7

I'm pretty sure that the A'Ha had a slightly different frame, at the very least it had cable stops for the gear hub on it and I think the back end was wider -- Shimano 7spd hubs didn't/don't come in 120mm for the Humu.

I could just cold-set* the back end a bit wider. Or just use the singlespeed hub that's in there ;)

* OK, bend :)

Back