Name that GT - 1995 ?

MADJEZ

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
OK I'm weak, I picked this up from ebay (it was very cheap and locall).
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1441717&highlight=#1441717

Any experts hazard a quess what model ?

My guess is a 95 Rebound. 95 was only year to have All Terra and Triple Triangle decals together. It's got a groovetube for the rear brake cable only. Mainly Altus groupset. Photos don't quite show the colour (it's more Fosters can), which I think was Candy Blue (its not the Oupost colour). So if it's 95 that would make it a Rebound or a Karakoram (think Rebound from spec).

Luckily I had some correct vintage forks knocking around and binned the BSO ones. Decals are in such good nick I might be inclined to tough up paint and keep it as a runaround.

Looks great from a distance with forks on.
11163723.jpg

Tin-worm coming through paint but decals (which are original) are mint.
11163741.jpg

Very short DH stem (believed to be Azonic).
11163151.jpg

Single groove tube
11163310.jpg

[/img]

The stem is a World Force

This was a cheap version / sub brand made by Azonic but not an actual Azonic if you know what I mean....

boxxer":1j1m4yis said:
The stem is a World Force

This was a cheap version / sub brand made by Azonic but not an actual Azonic if you know what I mean....

Cheers, was getting rid of it anyway, it's hideously short. I thought it was a cheap BMX one to start with.

Not Karakoram, they all had Bologna Lite forks Chisel cut and altus cranks.
I'd say 95 Agressor which came suspended but the forks got recalled. What's the serial number? That's the dead give away. Low end would have been made by Sanfa.

Bikepedia shows 1995 range blue frames as Aggressor and Outpost in Bright Blue and Karakoram and Rebound in Candy Blue. Forks are non original blue pair I stuck on.

Serial number is SY5L000465.

It's actually this colour in the flesh (this is not mine !l), the bright blue is a more grey blue.

10741850_3_2011120_16_44_1.jpg

Would there be much difference in the steel frames in the lower range or would they use 1 frame and put different components on for each model as they did with the alloy frames.

what has happened to the top tube decals? the bike is clear coated right?

i am backing your guess of rebound.

looks better already, what are your plans for it?

it would make a good foul weather simple singlespeed mtb setup...

Not sure if it was clear-coated, top tube decals are just missing. The rest are almost pristine so it just needs a the paintwork patching up and it'll look fab.

No plans at mo, I'm building up a 20" GT for my Dad so have a choice between this and another.

Decals
11163007-1.jpg

Back