Another Blizzard (Yawn)

Wold Ranger

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Thought I would post a pic or two of my '97 Blizzard, Medium size, Ritchey Logic tubes, paint is as new- think it's only been around the block a time or two.
One of the few frames I've not owned and it is a revelation, fast, sharp handling, but very stable, they do really ride superbly. Probably one of the best rides I've experienced.
Got some Syncros bars on the way soon, to finish it off. ;)

Loads018.jpg

Loads017.jpg

Loads016.jpg

Size

They have the weirdest sizing, the seat post extensions are huge, over 4 inch from the centre TT junction, to top, 13.75 ctc seat tube, but 22.5 top and nearly 24 actual. The dropped top tube is extreme, hence the North Shore geometry thing.
They are kind of half way between XC and trials, you can endo/wheelie it easy as anything, yet it's super stable at high speed on the rough.
The seat post looks low, but it's not really, just the really long seat tube extension.

This is one sweet bike! Had a Blizzard in exactly that year and size - and with the blue details aswell... It rode so well! So I must complement you with it. It both looks traditional and a bit moden in the same time. A real timeless frame/bike.

Blizzard

Thanks for the comments, I must admit, I'm not easy to please and was shocked at both the ride quality and handling and I have some quality rides in my stable. It's making me feel like seeking out an early one with the wishbone rear now too. ;)

Very nice! Also interesting rear brake and mech cable run, seems like a smooth setup.

Yes, they ride absolutely great!

Think I might go buy a Kona, these Rockies are soo common now ;)

I think the large saddle thickness goes some way to making the seatpost shorter as well.

Looks very tidy and the forks match well and off course if it feels and rides well, then top stuff.

...official sizing is centre of bottom bracket to top seat Q/R (top of seat tube) and round off to nearest half inch (16/17.5/18.5/19.5/21 that year for a blizzard), same way Kona measure. This would give the effective top tube length equivalents to other bikes at that size (Rockies tend to be a fraction shorter in length than say a Kona, at least in the early 90's)
If it is 1997, that's the one year it was actually red and with Judy forks
The Soul would be white, with the blue detailing and indy forks. Probably the inspiration for the colouring detail of your bike.

Just noticed, they didn't use Ritchey tubing in 1997, it was a custom Tange Prestige mix.
1998 would suit the colour, tubing and blue detailing better.

Back