VOODOO Erzulie, latest pic..just need a chainset

greenstiles

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Hurray I got one again.....had 2 some years ago, these ride great. This is a 19.5 I used to ride 18.5 but not that much bigger.

These are very capable of taking a 100mm fork even up to a short legged 115 just, but bb height comes up.

I had so much fun on my last ones.....i would prefer an 18.5 but hay ho.(any swaps)

Great condition bar bad chain suck. I have seen worse as a mechanic but shouldn't be a problem, i've smoothed it out and used' petro patch' filler over it ready to paint.

Just cheap bits on for now but i do have a pair of Manitou black elite's in the cupboard :D

just to add, I had a mini obsession with the Erzulie......my first one got sent off to have a disc mount put on and canti mounts off and an acid green paint job, then I sent it to Setavento who kindly replicated it in Titanium millimeter perfect to be honest ........but oddly the cromo original rode better ......so if you ever bought a 2nd hand Setavento with a long seat tower it may have been mine. :D I remember the original orange forks were crap and too short for the head angle, giving a poor ride until changed........then they came alive !!!
marinfork006.jpg

Nice. What vintage is that? I can't see whether it has the twin cable guides on the seat tube. Serial number would be interesting. S?

Twin cable guides old cable off old bike just resting in that area...paint is so thick can't make out serial ...

greenstiles":292hkhl7 said:
Twin cable guides old cable off old bike just resting in that area...paint is so thick can't make out serial ...
I believe that the cable guides date it to 1999 or earlier. I usually find that shining a torch along the surface makes the number more legible.

Can just make out 1733 ? on one side ans 1738 ? on the other.......under very bright light, paint is really thick on this frame....can't make out any letters sorry..............

The Erzulie first came out in 1997 and this one has 97-onwards cable routing. I'm afraid I can't think what those bits of serial number might be telling us. Bikepedia isn't much help, as it shows no Erzulie after 1998 and that was red (I've never seen a red one). It may reflect what was on offer in the USA, as I have a mid 1999 UK advert showing an orange one. I think they may not have carried on selling them much after that though. I'm not sure whether Cyclemotion went out of business or just stopped selling VooDoo, but by about 2000 all that was on sale was (very tasteful) yellow Hoodoos at cheap prices. So this is presumably from sometime in the range 97-99.

Cylemotion were still in business when they stopped selling Voodoo. I know this cause i phoned them up in around 2001 asking if they had any Voodoo t-shirts left and decals. I also got some stickers off them :D They had a few old frames and bikes left in the warehouse but can't remember the exact reason given, it was either supply problems or price ??? anyway I was told they had dropped them for some reason.

According to their site they stopped sellling Voodoo in 96.......is that when Halfords took over
http://www.cyclemotion.co.uk/index.htm fusion bikes !!!

Back