Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:42 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject: Klein Pinnacle XT
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:03 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hey wanted to introduce myself earlier but after seeing all the banter about Andy's 10 page post on the Klein Adroit\Attitude Storm. Well I'm feeling like the proverbial long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Im not even sure of the year but my bike has the old style short serial number and I suspect it to be a 1991 XT. Its a georgeous bike currently set up in Touring mode. I use it to pull my kids around in a burley D'Lite, or have me son attached on a trail-a-bike. Sometimes when I'm alone I gravel grind. Other times I ride the trail, I wouldnt cosider my trail to be that technical. I ride it off small drop offs, through the mud and over roots. In other words I ride it like I stole because in essence I did.

Slammin.......

Here is my baby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:18 pm 
Retro Guru

cool, nice. not to be picky (but i guess i am) that saddle looks to have an awful lot of rear tilt on it, could be more comfortable to ride if it was level?

loving the fluro pink and purple hues....beautiful

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:51 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I have had it for a while but havent done anything much. I got it for next to nothing from the previous owners wife and grandson. It sat in a basement for about 18 years. Her husband died a couple years after purchasing it. I ran into her grandson who was into drag racing. So we got to talking about his car (Eclipse GSX), which I used to race back in the days. I told him I had parts, some I'd give and some I'd sell. He was strapped for cash and told me he had a vintage bike, but he would have to ask his grandmother for it. I said I'd take a look when he got it. When I saw it was an old school Klein I traded him all the 4g63 parts I had including an old greddy turbo all parts the wife had ordered me to throw out of the basement.

Now if I can only find another Kid with a 92 Adroit to trade my 2001 Prelude SH parts for :twisted:

I have a supercharger, factory skirts (electron blue pearl) spoon bars and JDM carbon fiber gauges. And I want an 91-93 Adroit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:17 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

8) looks nice, bright and original, good to see the orginal forks and MC1 :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:42 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Merckx, so I took your advice and leveled out the saddle. While i was doing that i figured I'd also stripped it down of saddle bag, blackburn rack and cyclometer. Looks much cleaner will update pics. Need new bottle cage and bottle. Is a pink and purple combo again overkill?

Sneaker, I'm a little color blind so not 100% sure but to me the stem and fork does not match the frame, just a tad off. Love how they look anyway. Im guessing stem and forks were painted from a different batch of paint than the frame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:12 pm 
Retro Guru

Absolutely marvelous bike and colour sheme. In my humble opinion those pinnacles and rascals don't have to hide from the attitudes and adroits. I like them much more, because they aren't so braggy :wink:

In 1992 I bought a pinnacle completely coloured in violett, so without the lovely pink. In my eyes there isn't any difference in the paint of your fork, stem and the frame.

If you consider selling or swaping this beauty some day, I wouldn't hesitate a second buying it. I have a pinnacle elite from 1990 in yellow/red/pink. Congratulation and cheers, a jealous stoppi :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:28 am 
Retro Guru

That is one cool Pinnacle. I LOVE the color. I think I will need to build up my pink Rascal...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:17 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Thanks to all, I really like the colors too. At first when the guy told me it was pink and purple I was thnking :( OK???? When he said it was a Klein, I felt :D OK this ought to be good knowing how nice their paint jobs were. I thought maybe it was going to be an horizon linear fade. Still love the color.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:11 am 
Retro Guru

Slammin wrote:
Thanks to all, I really like the colors too. At first when the guy told me it was pink and purple I was thnking :( OK???? When he said it was a Klein, I felt :D OK this ought to be good knowing how nice their paint jobs were. I thought maybe it was going to be an horizon linear fade. Still love the color.

Did you strip off the rack and stuff yet? Pics?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:15 am 
Dirt Disciple

ez054098 wrote:

Did you strip off the rack and stuff yet? Pics?

I did strip it down, in the two pics you will notice the pinks are a little off. This bike is all original so it seeems a little weird, they were'nt identical.

Sorry about the crappy lighting and indoor pic. I will provide better pics once I put on a new bottle and bottle cage.