Not expecting this... Ritchey Softail

Vitorzip

Senior Retro Guru
Hi.

Today i had a little surprise.

A big friend of mine called me saying that knowing the passion i have for classic high end MTB´s, he was thinking of offering me (please read selling) his beloved old bike.

Since i did not remember wich bike he was talking about ( he had a few good bikes BITD), told him to bring it over my place.

When he arrived and i saw the bike, i had to pick up my balls from the ground... :shock: :shock: :shock:

The deal was made, and i stared at the bike for at least 1 hour.

Frame look´s like new, not a single scratch.
I´m going to change a few parts, like mechs, shifters, seat, fork (maybe sell) and swap titanium bar and stem for an old Ritchey model to match...

But...

... here it is...

... my Ritchey Softail...

12122007272xd8.jpg

12122007277uw9.jpg

12122007273hf8.jpg

12122007275oo2.jpg

12122007274zq1.jpg

12122007279dk5.jpg

12122007276ws6.jpg

12122007278hr2.jpg

Great bike! You got that for free??? You lucky bugger!

Can I be the first to put my name in for the ti bar and stem if you're taking them off :)

Actually, I have a Ritchey Bar/stem that I could swap for ... anyway ;)

Thank´s Russell.

Well, it wasn´t completly free, i have to mount a recent and decent bike for him to ride, but i have so many parts at home, it wont be a problem...

Sorry mate, but this TI bar and stem will probably end in my Titanium Parkpre, with some Morati cranks and some rasta parts... to have something very pimp... you know...

But i´ll probably be interested in your Ritchey parts, to make this one a Thomas Frisky / Henrik Djernis replica...

Cheers

That kinda sh*t never happens to me! :LOL:

Hope you bought a Lotto ticket straight after..

Nice bike mate, looking forward to seeing the Replica progress :cool:

Doubt I have to tell you that you're going to love it. Mine is probably my #1 favorite ride in the stable.

Fantastic pick up!

My first Ritchey was a Soft Tail too. Really great bike...the only thing I didn't care for was the pogo action of the rear end.
No dampening of the shock in the back and the steel stays don't flex quite like titanium ones do.

...keep in mind that steel doesn't have an infinite fatigue like titanium does either...

Classic r/w/b paint is the best.

How are the front brake posts mounted to the fork? Look like clamp on's.

..keep in mind that steel doesn't have an infinite fatigue like titanium does either...
yes I wondered about that - would this bike have a normal life expectancy?

beautiful bike though! :cool: I love the red/white/blue

Back