Dean Titanium

Retro_Roy

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
hi
i've noticed a couple of these on here lately and decided i should show mine too. it's a bit of a restomod. at least that is what it would be called in the automotive circles. when new(er) meets old. you'll see what i mean from pictures. this is quite light and very fun to ride. will not be everyone's cup 'o tea. :roll:
roy

Attachments

• Dean Ti 004.JPG
    Dean Ti 004.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,125
  • Dean Ti 003.JPG
    Dean Ti 003.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,125
  • Dean Ti 002.JPG
    Dean Ti 002.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 1,125
  • Dean Ti 001.JPG
    Dean Ti 001.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,125
more

Attachments

• Dean Ti 008.JPG
    Dean Ti 008.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,120
  • Dean Ti 007.JPG
    Dean Ti 007.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,120
  • Dean Ti 006.JPG
    Dean Ti 006.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 1,120
  • Dean Ti 005.JPG
    Dean Ti 005.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,120
few more

Attachments

• Dean Ti 012.JPG
    Dean Ti 012.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,117
  • Dean Ti 011.JPG
    Dean Ti 011.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,117
  • Dean Ti 010.JPG
    Dean Ti 010.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,117
  • Dean Ti 009.JPG
    Dean Ti 009.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,117
My ultimate frame... :cool: :cool:

Can't decide on the forks, but I still like the build.

How do you get on with the tyres? I have a pair I use in dusty conditions, but they hate cornering (with all my weight, it must be said) so it'd be nice to know from someone else that has them...

:cool:

i like it....very individual!....i sense a trek influence for some of the donor parts, am i right?.....i run those bonty bar ends on my modern hardtail, they are very comfortable!.... :D

hi
i'm a big proflex fan. when deciding on a fork for this build i came across this vector in gun metal grey it was a no brainer for me. bought it instantly. thought the yellow decals went reasonably well with the dean decals.
i have had no issues with these tires. it only gets ridden in the summer so dry dust conditions are the only ones it's been thru. are you talking dusty pavement or dusty hard packed trails? done both with no problems.
roy

hi
trek. maybe. bontrager supplies to trek or is part of trek or is bedfellows with trek. something like that. i wanted to go all carbon add ons with this build. bontrager seemed to have all the components. started with the cranks, added the seatpost, stem and handlebar. the bike came with the bontrager rims. found the seat, barends and tires to match too. my parents bought me the water bottle cages for a birthday present. :) i was happy. sram had the carbon drivetrain to go with it. xtr 960 brakes matched the grey scheme. rear cassette id a token one piece cnc'd unit titanium nitrate treated and then coated to this grey to match. all in all i think it goes together well.
roy

Back