Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:29 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:13 pm 
Retro Guru

I've been building this up over the last couple of months and thought I'd post it up, bit of a mix of retro and modern...

Not quite there yet, had to use a few bits that I'd rather not have (brake levers, grips, brakes) but I'll change these as and when funds allow. On the whole I'm pleased with it, also added some welcome colour to my otherwise mostly mono-chromatic bike collection.

RF Deus XC cranks, mavic X17 rims on deore hub (rear), specialized hub on front, RS Judy hydracoil XC forks, tektro cable disc, tektro V on the back, Coda saddle, brand X post, Easton Stem, I.K.E bars, XT mechs.

Took it for a quick ride yesterday and it felt good, light and nippy. Needs a few tweeks then I'll try it on a proper ride. I make no excuse for the mudguards, been raining for weeks round here and the place is like a swamp.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:21 pm 
Retro Guru

Finally got chance to update this....

I swapped the Judys for some steel rigid forks (once I'd found some with a long enough steerer!). Best thing I've done for it, feels so much better. Put on XT V's, mech's and levers.

Got some repro Easton decals on the downtube, not as per original but breaks it up a bit. Also got the Humbrols out and touched up a few of the scratches and marks.

Current wearing slicks for road use but I've done a few off road rides with it on the pennine bridleway and it performed great.