Feedback
View
Finished pictures over on page 2

SDC12218-w1024-h768.jpg

Attachments

• SDC12198-w1024-h768.jpg
    SDC12198-w1024-h768.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 9,256
Parkpre SledgeHammer- get some more pics up!

Fillet brazed Tange Prestige (I'm quoting from the For Sale ad!)

Never seen one before and it is :cool:

Purdy :cool:

Going to get a wicked disc tab added ;)

Looking forward to seeing this built.

MMM Sensible sized fillet brazedness :p

Still gathering parts at the moment. Doing a proper resto on the components and getting the forks and stem painted to match the frame. Not sure wether to do a build thread or present the finished bike when done. It is going to be a beauty.

Checking the forks are the right length before they go off for painting. Everything has been purchased and just waiting for it all to arrive. Not a cheap build by a long way.

Attachments

• SDC12196-w1024-h768.jpg
    SDC12196-w1024-h768.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 8,986
Rob Atkin":1nklwn46 said:
... why is this so rare/special etc? Not seen one before ...

Exactly. I am aware of only one other example and that is still in the hands of the original owner in the USA who built it up as a frame only custom build. This was their top of the range frame during the years 1990 - 1992. Very few were built. I have regular contact with the son of the designer of these bikes and even he is suprised to see one after all this time.

REKIBorter":35ln8x5n said:
getting the forks and stem painted to match the frame.

Grey to match the front or blue to match the rear? Was this frame made in the US?

Played around with both colour schemes in a graphics program. The grey was, well, a bit too grey so went for a blue stem and forks. The originals were grey but I prefer the blue. Not sure where the frame was made yet but will ask next time I write to Mr Yamakoshi.

Back