problem univega frame

tony edwards

Old School Hero
Evening guys Well I have gone and bought another frame this time a another Univega this time an alpine 800 aluminium frame with a couple of problems so I am in need of some advice

First is the fact that there appears to be some sort of shim stuffed half way down the seat tube which seems reluctant to move so how can I shift it? Also how can I work out what quick release seat post clamp I need as the frame came without one and no seat post?

Second question is the paint is in poor condition covered in scratches a good many down to the aluminium does anyone have any ideas I how I could tart up the paint work ? I don’t want to strip the frame as I like the colour ( I also don’t have the time or money) it is going to be almost impossible to find a paint match for touching up as its almost an anodized red. Does anyone have any artistic ideas they have tried or used before?

Regards
Tony

As far as the paint goes - take it into you local Superdrug or Boots and get the closest nail varnish you can find. You'll probably get an exact match as there are so many reds to choose from and it's pretty tough stuff once applied.

Only one way with the seat tube - measure it! Clamps are just a few standard sizes generally so you may be ok measuring with a standard ruler. The internal diameter you really need a set of digital calipers to measure it - that's the best way!

Back