Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:59 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 828 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 83  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:57 pm 
Retro Guru

bought this off my old boss a while ago, but simply dont want to ruin it :? what do you guys think?

Attachments:
File comment: ....
007.JPG
007.JPG [ 273.24 KiB | Viewed 799 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:57 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

Deb Murrell riding for Dave Yates.

Attachments:
Deb Murrell. Dave Yates.jpg
Deb Murrell. Dave Yates.jpg [ 235.54 KiB | Viewed 799 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:25 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

dav101 wrote:
bought this off my old boss a while ago, but simply dont want to ruin it :? what do you guys think?

I have one, they are brilliant bikes. A quick change of stem and bars, maybe some bar ends (if you're so inclined) and you're done.

Sinnerman: Didn't Sally live just up the way from me in Cheltenham? I seem to remember that she was (is) a school teacher.

No photo's of Caroline Alexander?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:40 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

NeilM wrote:
dav101 wrote:

I have one, they are brilliant bikes. A quick change of stem and bars, maybe some bar ends (if you're so inclined) and you're done.

Sinnerman: Didn't Sally live just up the way from me in Cheltenham? I seem to remember that she was (is) a school teacher.

Im unsure where she was based, around that area somewhere i think.

Dont get me started on Caroline, we will get to page 50 of this thread and the entire contents will be pictures of her in cycling shorts...... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:49 pm 
Retro Guru

NeilM wrote:
dav101 wrote:

i actually have it up for sale on here for 850. is this a realistic price? i was just going off what it would cost to build a modern version, but i only factored in the xt wheel/groupset , and frame (£1800 ish), without the cost for pedals, stem, bars,forks, seat and post, which would add a few quid on top.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:13 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

dav101 wrote:

i actually have it up for sale on here for 850. is this a realistic price? i was just going off what it would cost to build a modern version, but i only factored in the xt wheel/groupset , and frame (£1800 ish), without the cost for pedals, stem, bars,forks, seat and post, which would add a few quid on top.

I am sorry to say that £850 is an optimistic price. I agree that a Yates of any sort, or Roberts or Rourke or any number of other hand made frames should be worth a fortune, but for some unaccountable reason a half decent American production bike will fetch more.

Use the search function to look up Yates in the for sale section, and that should give you a fair idea of what they have been sold for in the past.

If it's any help, I paid £250 for a 1995 bare frame in almost perfect condition, and I think I got an absolute bargain (thanks Stu), and mine is unusual, as it is made from Reynolds 731.

Sinnerman: I now know how you motivate yourself on those, leg burning, lung busting climbs. You think to yourself, 'I've got to keep going to the top, just in case Caroline Alexander is there, in her full race kit' :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:21 pm 
Retro Guru

I am sorry to say that £850 is an optimistic price. I agree that a Yates of any sort, or Roberts or Rourke or any number of other hand made frames should be worth a fortune, but for some unaccountable reason a half decent American production bike will fetch more.

Use the search function to look up Yates in the for sale section, and that should give you a fair idea of what they have been sold for in the past.

If it's any help, I paid £250 for a 1995 bare frame in almost perfect condition, and I think I got an absolute bargain (thanks Stu), and mine is unusual, as it is made from Reynolds 731.

thanks very much for your advice, much appreciated and a big help :) also put some more pics on in the sale part, the tubes are columbus Max OR, does this make it more desirable or not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:58 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

Mint Sauce Joe Burt and the Custom Painted Zinn.

Attachments:
JOE BURT AND THE CUSTOM PAINTED ZINN.jpg
JOE BURT AND THE CUSTOM PAINTED ZINN.jpg [ 119.06 KiB | Viewed 591 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:33 am 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner

sinnerman wrote:
I have photographs of the Chas Roberts prototype rear end for this bike

Now I'd like to see that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:01 am 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

uno-speedo wrote:
sinnerman wrote:
I have photographs of the Chas Roberts prototype rear end for this bike

Now I'd like to see that!

No probs mate i will dig it out for you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 828 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 83  Next