1994 Kona Lava Dome. Posh part package fitted......

mr_mr

Devout Dirtbag
hi guys,

this is my current build... thought id share after being sent this way by google and a couple of mates.

1994 kona lava dome i picked up from the beaulieu autojumble for £35 a couple of years ago.

IMG_0152.jpg

decided to rebuild it as standard just to have some fun riding it.

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

so had a few rides on it last year and it felt a great little ride, steel is great to be fair.

so this year in giving it a full makeover...... my friends say its sacrilege but i dont care ha ha.... its having full paint and new parts to bring it up to date-ish and make it an awesome ride..... i'll upload pics later as i have to get them from my iphone.

jon

heres where it gets a little more interesting...

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1404.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

new decals on the way next week...... new wheels and forks too.

going to go a bit tarty on this one

hope you like

jon

I was going to side with your friends and say keep the original paint, but I see you have already started :D It should look good with the white paint and silver XT. What are your decal plans?

Decals will be original 1994 lava dome, paint was pretty good. But I want a new bike ha ha.

I'm keeping all the original parts to one side in case I ever want to restore it, as they are all like new.

i was gifted this last year.....

P1020535.jpg

its one of my best riding rides and i love it......yours looks great and despite the hammering i will take for saying it, i like the 'q' factor in a clean looking anonymous bike with no decals.....anyone who needs to know what it is will do so without them.....

ha yeah, if you like the q factor you should check out my road bike ive popped in the classic road section.

will be ordering standard decals for it next week, need to buy a whole load of stuff for it. mavic crossrides, michelins tyres and tubes, hope headset (hope-fully), hope chainring, cables, grips, pedals, .....

need some suggestions on lightweight pedals? not too pricey tho as i always trash pedals! so £30 - £50

also a light weight comfortable saddle again in £30 - £50 bracket? in keeping with the bike, i have a charge spoon on my road knockabout and an keen to go that way again unless you guy can recommend another?

ha ha

new people would say that! no reason to apologise!

it would be the same as every one else then, and thats not something i do

Back