American CompLite

Ductape

BoTM Winner
Been playing around with this one for a while collecting parts. Need to get it together soon. I would like to race this in the Keyesville classic next month.

Thoughts?

As found on CL:

khs5220.jpg

Gathering:

DSC_0561.jpg

Capital_forrest0001.jpg

The inspiration for this bike was my original 1990 I put together new bitd. First impression was that I would build this bike up like my old one with 73X components. After getting it together, I knew, this new frame being a 93 would need an XTR base which had just became available. Off came the older XT and it was time to start the search all over again.

Copyofkhs5244.jpg

To the drawing board. Getting closer; XTR groupset, Hyperlite, American Stem, Cook Bro., ODI, Just put the IRD's on the front to see how they look. Think if I can find a match for the rear, I will stick with it. If not, back to the XTR canti's. 2.1 skinwall Smokes, Syncros, Ringle, Specialized etc....Not sure about the spins, we will see.

Love these American frames. Difficult to search for them on ebay though.

I like it with the Ritchey(?) forks in the old photo.

Is that an American stem- with the cable hanger?

CTK":t6da5x94 said:
Love these American frames. Difficult to search for them on ebay though.

I like it with the Ritchey(?) forks in the old photo.

Is that an American stem- with the cable hanger?

Yes that is an American stem. Never had one before, I like it. My old American started out with a Pepperoni fork on it that was soon replaced by one of those newfangled suspension forks :( ...

We had a large boutique shop selling a few Americans in the area BITD so they show up on Clist every once in a while. They are just enough off the radar that the Clist vultures don't always see them quick enough when they pop up.....
I got lucky with both of these finds.

I saw the first picture and almost fell out of my chair. :)

Looking good after your improvements though.

Back