OMFG another UPDATE (3) Muddy Fox Courier 1988 in da Purtle

Archemist

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi All

i've been looking for an '88 Courier for an age to do up. That fade paint was a trifle unique for south Walian bike shops at the time, more west coast than west Wales

BITD I wanted to ride but I also wanted to pose :facepalm: Hey like the Beach Boys now lived in Tenby :LOL:

This was the bike I bought with a whole summer's pay from my student job (it was a crap job)

"Muddy" as she was affectionately known was a cool cat (in a fox like way) in Leeds for the next 3 or 4 years. How i loved playing "I'm a cycle courier" games with the Headrow traffic...

And if i could have found the scrote who stole my front wheel I would have descroted him!

(S)he was probably responsible for my marriage, (the bike not the scrote) and (indirectly, she wasn't thaaaat good) for my 3 kids and unfortunately / fortunately (delete as appropo) just like the wife she's long gone :cry: / :D

The kids do seem to be still hanging around though!

Size, stem, cranks and saddle on top of list and ideally both wheels too.

Have just scored this un on t'bay.

Yet to collect but looks hopeful

This will be a complete "as it was" resto if at all possible...

ebaypic.jpg

it may not be a Klein but it's mine ;)

And :cool:

I bought one of those BITD. Wrote it off going in to the back of a car. I later bought a pre-owned one and had that stolen.

So look after it :cool:

It may not be a Klein but its damn handsome nonetheless!! The stickers still look in good condition so hopefully the bike will be the same. Whatever you do don't loan it the tintin.. it'll either end up knackered or knicked :LOL:

tintin's got no chance - saying that i hit a concrete barrier outside Leeds Uni at full-tilt - ripped the skin off one leg as i flew majestically part over and part thru the wall and across the 30 female american studies students leaving the campus (mind you 2 of 'em did come and pick me up :LOL: )

Bike was fine though.

i vaguely remember my brother reversing his austin allegro (no it wasn't mine EVER) over it and braking a driveshaft (on the car ;) )

this bike has been stuck in a lock up for donkeys and as you say if the decals are half as good as they seem it's going to tidy up very nicely.

The geometry of the smaller fox frames is still great (the 20/1 and 22/3's go giraffic mind :oops: )

I can't wait....

chiswickcollectables":1cmo091w said:
It may not be a Klein but its damn handsome nonetheless!! The stickers still look in good condition so hopefully the bike will be the same. Whatever you do don't loan it the tintin.. it'll either end up knackered or knicked :LOL:

:LOL: Wish i'd bought that it would my third in 20 odd years. but that's to small :(

cool.....had one of those too.....cant believe it was 88 though! Oh well time flys....snapped the fork on mine and entered into Specilaized owner ship........

Hi

Jack and I collected Muddy today in a dusky Hyde suburb.

I have to say my expectations of ebay were limited.

These nice barn finds always happen to the other guy.

i'm the one who buys sight unseen and finds it's got 3 months rolled up daily-mirror for a downtube.

BUT this bike has done 50 miles in its LIFE. Most of the nibbles are still on the tyres!!!!!! :shock:

A word of caution these pictures do not do the bike justice at all - it is still filthy, etc

Anyhow has anyone ever ever (in the last ten years sense of ever) seen these???? :cool:

IMG_0546.jpg

(yes I know there's rust on them there spokea :LOL: )

or how about these (no not "quite" NOS) but how many hands have these met...

IMG_0544.jpg

and this is not a repro, it is not discoloured, the white is just the flash....

IMG_0545.jpg

I can't actually believe the pictures came out at all, my hands are still shaking....

Am staying at "muddy's" spiritual home in s wales so will try and get some cleaning done and some more piccie tomorrow....

It may not be a Klein but it's mine

and damn handsome it IS

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Back