1994 Orange P7.

brocklanders023

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So another citrus based product has landed at Brock Towers.

The only bike in the Orange range from 1989 to 1994 I had never owned was the P7 so when I saw this one on ebay with collection only and just down the road I thought I'd have a punt. A last minute 'final' bid secured it so now it's mine :D

My first thought was that it seemed lighter then I'd expected. A quick check in a 1995 MBUK pointed to the XT equiped model coming in around 23.5lb (and £1179 rrp :shock: ) so with this sporting a few upgrades it may be around 23lb so all's well.

The serial number's A40801162 which I think points to a late 1994 bike.As you can see it's in the classic and popular nickel finish. To be honest the frame's a little tatty with some rust spots and flaked lacquer but seems sound and could easily pass as a user. I'm thinking of getting it powder coated in the future in either black or this lovely dark blue / black finish I saw last time I was in Triple S but am in no rush. The stem will have to go as it doesn't push my buttons. The biggest suprise was finding out the Hope hubs are not cracked! Anyone know what model Hope these are? With the Mavic rims these wheels are very light so it should give a zippy ride. Apart from the bits mentioned it's pretty much full M737 XT with Orange finishing kit. All the XT gear's in good nick except for a missing gear window thingy on the lhs. Good honest kit :cool: I've still got my Pace RC35's from the Clockwork so they might find themselves on the 7 soon.

Anyway, here's some pictures of it in untouched condition. I'll strip and clean it then get out and ride to see if the glowing P7 reports are true. Check back for updates. :D

Attachments

• Orange P7 004.jpg
    Orange P7 004.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 2,279
  • Orange P7 003.jpg
    Orange P7 003.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 2,266
  • Orange P7 002.jpg
    Orange P7 002.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 2,281
  • Orange P7 001.jpg
    Orange P7 001.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 2,286
More.....

Attachments

• Orange P7 005.jpg
    Orange P7 005.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 2,257
  • Orange P7 006.jpg
    Orange P7 006.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 2,256
  • Orange P7 007.jpg
    Orange P7 007.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 2,259
  • Orange P7 008.jpg
    Orange P7 008.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 2,262
Last few for now...

Attachments

• Orange P7 009.jpg
    Orange P7 009.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 2,261
  • Orange P7 010.jpg
    Orange P7 010.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 2,261
  • Orange P7 011.jpg
    Orange P7 011.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 2,260
I like it - some nice and not just honest kit.

another how we might have done it bike agree about stem - silver cattlehead? not sure about purple huibs (nice just a bit ott for it?)

nice score though
And

Do prefer the nickel finish, ever though mines painted. :oops:
and you some nice purple period touches too.

Should look sweet but ride even sweeter :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks guys. This would have been someone's pride and joy when new so deserves to be looked after. Also not sure about the purple after a major purple overdose back in 93 but our lass thinks they're pretty and I'm going to build her a bike so that could solve that ;)

I'd change the stem. But other wise leave as it is. Nice wheels. ride and enjoy.

I remember that on Ebay, very nice indeed! :D

If you don't want the Ibeam stem cap, chuck it my way Edd as I've "misplaced" mine.... :facepalm:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
ed p7

done ok there ed ;)

a well used sponge scourer from the kitchen may take alot of those rust spots down. at the most i would scrub well and re-laquer, decals maybe. get some spray waxoyl or something with anti moisture qualities around the tube internals. then, ride well :cool:

not sure if the seatpost is original. i have a 3 piece orange one spare somewhere, if 26.4 you can have it.

Back