Toad's FC Wicked

Very Nice!
I really like the combination of those tires and the blue frame.

I keep getting distracted by the brass rivets of the saddle and wonder what it would look like with a white Turbo?... and maybe some white grips?

cool build! love the colour and matching stem. The tires look cool to, and I love how the perform!

Thanks for the compliments.

I've attached a before pic. Sad looking state with chipped paint, worn decals, and.......v brakes urgh...

The fork is a Igleheart with Wright dropouts.

I've made a few practical changes. Unfortunately the 2.25 Schwalbe are just too wide for the frame so i've switched them out for 2.1 Smoke/Dart's.

My wheelset has also been swapped to a beautiful Campy Athena 8 speed which actually works well with the 8 speed Suntour thumbies.

American Classic seat qr was also a nice replacement.

The saddle is a bit of a mystery. It is a 1992 Sella Italia "Leader" and has the standard Flite plastic base but with a solid (maybe 3mm) leather cover which is riveted on. Has anyone seen this saddle before?

Toad

Attachments

• wicked.jpg
    wicked.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 1,101
  • BChance1.jpg
    BChance1.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,101
  • BChance2.jpg
    BChance2.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 1,101
Rio":1qubtdi8 said:
are those Rocket Rons only in 2.25 availeble (in white I mean)?

I was just thinking the same thing! I like those tires, but at 2.25" they may not fit any of my old bikes.

I also heard that the Rocket Ron tires do not last too long because they are such light weight construction for racing.

I believe the white Rocket Ron's are only available in 2.25.

The tires work great but are just too wide for the Wicked. On the other hand they fit nicely on my 1992 Marin Team Tet with a little room to spare. I would really like to score some white Porcs for the Chance but so far i've had no luck locating any.

For modern tires I usually run the Racing Ralphs (2.25 as well) on my full sus xc bike. Wear fast, expensive but work great for me.

I also like Schwalbes. Too bad the Rocket Ron isn't availeble in 2.1
If you want modern white tires, you could also use Geax Saguaro. That's what I'm planning for a build!

Back