Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:56 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:53 am 
BoTM Winner / PoTM Winner
BoTM Winner / PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:44 pm
Posts: 1184
Location: norcal
any123 wrote:
She is nearly done and i can't stop looking at her. I will claim this to be an adroit till i die due to the fact.

It came out of the factory with the badge and paint of a adroit and it states in the 97 catalogue for sale as an adroit and was bought as an adroit, and after browsing through all the catalogues i can see no suggestion that it is not an adroit. so to me it is an adroit. also note that no one has shown me a picture of a 97 attitude with mc2 and airhead and 2inch down tube, so that to me says its an adroit.


"sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"

any123 wrote:
What i have come to the conclusion after all this wonderful controversy is to ask myself what did i want from this bike which was left to rot in my shed. Well i wanted a storm paint job done, i wanted a 2inch airhead mc2 fuselage done, and i wanted some forks that were light and could be made to fit into the airhead system done, also i wanted this to be the non shimano lightweight build done.

The only thing left for me to do with this baby is to ride it with a few like minded mud freaks like me in cumbria next week, which will be done.
I don't think anyone was suggesting otherwise(except for 1 part). I missed where people challenged what you wanted, only what it actually was

enjoy your bike. seriously.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:58 am 
Newbie

Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:21 am
Posts: 9
Word!

I own two KOI "Adroits" myself...absolutely great bikes, but made of Attitude frames. And there is no doubt: MC2 Attitudes are perfect racing machines.

you will enjoy every single ride with it! as i do!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:57 am 
Windmilling for a Scotch Egg
Windmilling for a Scotch Egg
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:27 am
Posts: 4840
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
any123 wrote:
yo-Nate-y wrote:
Why do you keep thanking andy? Is that like closing with "praise jesus"?


It's called Englishmans courtesy

Thanking you andy


Wow mate people are even picking up on you being polite! You can't win on this one, can you?

Look forward to seeing this in the Lakes, only seen your Muddy Fox so far and that was sweet. I don't think it's quite as rocky as the Peaks so it'll be fun for us fully rigid bike riders.

Thanks

Rob


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:01 pm 
Windmilling for a Scotch Egg
Windmilling for a Scotch Egg
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:27 am
Posts: 4840
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
The funny thing is that if Andy was showing you this bike in person you wouldn't be disagreeing with him. Mainly cos he certainly knows his Kleins (and does the best builds of them IMHO) but partly because you wouldn't dare. ;-)

Putting it another way, if it doesn't crack or bend with Andy riding it then it never will..... big guy, big speed, this one isn't going to be a poncy garage queen :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:22 pm 
BoTM Winner / PoTM Winner
BoTM Winner / PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:44 pm
Posts: 1184
Location: norcal
Rob Atkin wrote:
The funny thing is that if Andy was showing you this bike in person you wouldn't be disagreeing with him. Mainly cos he certainly knows his Kleins (and does the best builds of them IMHO) but partly because you wouldn't dare. ;-)

why do you say that?

Rob Atkin wrote:
Putting it another way, if it doesn't crack or bend with Andy riding it then it never will..... big guy, big speed, this one isn't going to be a poncy garage queen :D
that's the spirit! take a shot at someone, but don't name names.. :P


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:50 pm 
Windmilling for a Scotch Egg
Windmilling for a Scotch Egg
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:27 am
Posts: 4840
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
hollister wrote:
Rob Atkin wrote:
The funny thing is that if Andy was showing you this bike in person you wouldn't be disagreeing with him. Mainly cos he certainly knows his Kleins (and does the best builds of them IMHO) but partly because you wouldn't dare. ;-)

why do you say that?


It was meant in good humour as he's a big guy. ;-) I am sure that you would have these arguments just as vehemently in person.

hollister wrote:
Rob Atkin wrote:
Putting it another way, if it doesn't crack or bend with Andy riding it then it never will..... big guy, big speed, this one isn't going to be a poncy garage queen :D
that's the spirit! take a shot at someone, but don't name names.. :P


Oh come on, you know as well as I do that some Kleins aren't ever ridden, just hung on a wall or at most just ridden on the road. Ok some are ridden off road but I'd guess there's a higher proportion of garage queen Kleins than most other brands. I would hazard a guess that Audi-Allroad never rides his precious gloss black Klein whateveritis. ;-) :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:13 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:17 pm
Posts: 944
Location: Anywhere that is not on this planet
I love it i have manage to get this topic up to 6 pages.

80% of Kleins are ridden lightly and garaged but that to me is a waste of a good bike not being used for what it was made to do.

All i can say with regards to my knowledge of kleins is that in the last 2 days it has improved greatly, to the point where i am still awaiting someone to show me a 97 attitude fuselage with attitude written on it from the factory. No one can because one was never made, and i don't want to see a 96 with cantis either.

I await the pic which won't be coming due to the fact that the yanks always think they know all, when in fact they don't even know about there own bike made in there own country. eating to many corn dogs and grits has made them come out with ridiculous statements like (why do you say thanks and the fact that a bike that was badged correctly should not still carry that badge when resprayed).

love it andy and in case i forgot thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:37 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:21 am
Posts: 9
what is so hard to understand with the frames and the names?

The 97 KOI Adroit is an Attitude frame. The Frame number under the BB will say it. Its an 96 Attitude "Framesize" followed by "T" for attitude, then the month and year 96 of production.

Its an Attitude frameset which was painted as Adroit. ...so what should happen from Treks view to the Attitude then? - Eesy: The labelled the Pulse Frames as Attitude and called them Attitude race and comp. Attitudes (as written on the frames) from 97 cataloge will have the "P" instead of the "T" under their BB.

And what should happen to the Pulse then? Its TREK frames with external cable guides...thats the story...

Adroits (REAL Adroits) with the "X" in the frame number don´t exist later than 95...the originally burgundy is the last one. And when the frame were out the painted Attitude frames with burgundy paint and put an Adroit sticker an the side...thats the other story. There was no production of boron reinforced frames any longer when KLEIN was sold...

again: Have fun with your Adroit-labelled - T stamped - Attitude frame!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:00 pm 
BoTM | rBoTY Winner
BoTM | rBoTY Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:50 am
Posts: 791
Location: Singapore
I think the bike would be improved by some Di2. Looking forward to ride shots!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:29 pm 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:19 pm
Posts: 1329
Location: USA
any123 wrote:


the yanks always think they know all, when in fact they don't even know about there own bike made in there own country. eating to many corn dogs and grits has made them come out with ridiculous statements like (why do you say thanks and the fact that a bike that was badged correctly should not still carry that badge when resprayed).

love it andy and in case i forgot thanks


This is funny...
You are a bigot......


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blak_byke, jimi911, MSNbot Media, raidan73, shamobius, shinobi and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group