Elite Owners Required - Orange you gonna join us

Archemist

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I make no apologies for starting a thread to a glorious lightweight british bike from a company that still makes glorious lightweight( ;) ) british bikes... :cool:

So how many have we got....

DSC_1782.jpg

that's mine (A2050787 i think that makes it May '92?)

Frame Numbers (in chrono order)

A2033557 Andy145
A2050787 Archemist / And
A? Ratcapa
A ? Hawki (1 owner from new :) )
A? Chris
A? Boy 'o' Boy

Roll Up Roll Up :LOL:

And :D

This is mine (courtesy of brocklanders023
thumbsup-1.gif
), a work in progress...

514f929d.jpg

Fitting the USE purple seatpost and Flite saddle is about as far as I've gotten at the moment, this is some of the other stuff I have to nail on:

608a17bb.jpg

Most of this is off my old 1990(ish) Carrera Quattro Comp which I've owned from new, and had sat forlornly for about 15 years. A few bits are going to be more modern - Avid v-brakes and levers, I might change the Ritchey ProLite bars as they have been severely cut down - as was the style at the time - so I'm on the look out for something period and preferably British.

The RC-36 is from a mate but the bolts that hold the steerer on are well stuck and I don't want to learn on them too much as they're not mine. I might see what turns up in the classifieds/eBay.

The Onza bar ends might get swapped for some X-Lites I have on my Specialized Enduro, undecided on pedals as well - I have an original set of the DX SPD's (or whatever the cheaper 'original' SPD's were), a set of more modern SPD's that came on my Enduro, or maybe I'll get some DMR's.

Wheels are Mavic 217's on Deore XT and are in fine fettle, the bikes going to mainly be used on the road so I've fitted some Schwalbe City Jet skinwall 1.5" tyres, although I might get a set of offroad tyres as well, maybe some Ritchey Comp Z-Max Classics, although I have got a half worn original Onza Porc kicking about.

19e5190b.jpg

The theme for the bike is 'what I would have bought if I'd kept riding' rather than being a period correct restoration.

Nice and a nice mix of kit :D

why not start your own build thread

snd can you post your frame number?

cheers
And

Yep, I will put together a build thread once some progress is made :D

I took a pic of the frame number:

ea2ba019.jpg

EDIT: After a bit of research I think this means it's a March 1992 frame.

Cheers fella :cool:

definitely need some better photo's (there's more than a hint of pace in that one ;) )

would you post your frame number and i'll start a list on the 1st posting :)

And

It does look good I must admit

Wayne

Archemist":3l6rcvb7 said:
I make no apologies for starting a thread to a glorious lightweight british bike from a company that still makes glorious lightweight british bikes... :cool:

So how many have we got....

DSC_1782.jpg

that's mine (A2050787 i think that makes it May '92?)

Frame Numbers (in chrono order)

A2033557 Andy145
A2050787 Archemist / And
A? Ratcapa

Roll Up Roll Up :LOL:

And :D

Back