1983 Steve Potts Brazed MTB [finished]

halaburt

Retro Guru
New project. Should be an exercise in restraint... I hope.

6803935029_51334eb302_b.jpg

6803182821_5b288d6d8a_b.jpg

Very nice, love the angles! Is everything original(barring tyres and saddle)? Good clean and lube or refinish?

I know the term "grail bike" means different things to different people but THAT.... :cool: A piece of cycling history. Love the WTB Speedmasters, love everything about it. If ever a bike had "Bike of the Year" written all over it even though it's still only February, for me - that's the one.

I love this, but i would worry about the corrosion, it looks worse than my Lloyd, and that took some doing to sort out in the end.

And whilst i understand the want from some members to keep things original, i think its a criminal shame that such an amazing bike was allowed to get into this state.

For the Good of the bike, i hope this can now be saved and restored, if ever i have seen a bike worthy of doing.... its this. The thought that this could be allowed to continue in this condition, (and considering the bike it is) i think would be a Travesty.

A stunning bike, a great score, :cool:

Old Potts bikes are undoubtedly cool and historically significant, but I can't help but think that the geometry is so whack that most of them look borderline unrideable. How does this one ride?

I have a strong desire to grab a screwdriver and align both those headbadge screws to the vertical plane! Halaburt, I have the upmost confidence this bike will only get better in your presence. Certainly potential for "Bike of the year" status, and "restore of the year" also..... Enjoy the process.

Nothing beats an early N. Cal. bike.

Ductape":mjgr3fmi said:
I have a strong desire to grab a screwdriver and align both those headbadge screws to the vertical plane! Halaburt, I have the upmost confidence this bike will only get better in your presence. Certainly potential for "Bike of the year" status, and "restore of the year" also..... Enjoy the process.

Nothing beats an early N. Cal. bike.

Thank GOD for that.... ;) At least i can sleep tonite Knowing its it safe hands... :cool:

Back