are road bikes ok here....?

speedplay

Senior Retro Guru
heres a pic of my old tri/time trial bike.

Sad to see her go but had to sell her due to lack of use and fear of dying on the road!!

please be gentle with the comments....i know shes a freak being a road bike but its really not her fault!!

Attachments

• My road bike2.jpg
    My road bike2.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 2,516
It's Retrobike, so any bike that's retro is OK.

Looks like it was a nice ride. What're you riding these days?

toys

was nice.....shame it felt like id been raped by it at the end of a long ride though !!

Ive got a 97 ish Mongoose rockadile ( before they went budget ) with judys, maguras ect

a 98 ish gt lts 2000 in white with z1 and maguras

got a 99 kona chute with rst xmo forks ( i know its rst but they are soooo plush and light ) maguras ect

and trying to build up an rts too.

nothing too exotic by the standards on here but im happy :LOL: :D

Road bikes are more than welcome, there's a few in reader's bikes if you browse through.

Nice ZR2000. What year is it? 99 ish at a guess? Where did you score the sugino wheel and syncros bits from?

road bike

It was my baby for a while but had to see the light and return to the dirt side !!

I think its a 98-99 ( someone on here is bound to know better than I am !).

The sugino disc wheel was a suprise find in the back of an old bike shop in exeter and as the guy didnt know much about it ....I managed to get the wheel , built onto a mavic tubular rim and dura ace 7 spd hub with dura ace cassette.......for £70!!

Brilliant!!

The rest of the syncros stuff was bought very cheap from one of the shops in north devon that I managed to do some shop fitting for.....he bought a lot of new bankrupt stock from caratti and we did a deal and the parts came really cheap!! got all the srp bolts from him too..

If you look at the chainset really close though youll spot that its an old (96 ish) deore LX.....didnt want to waste the syncros one on a roadbike.

* forgot to add......got the cane creek ahead set for £4.....*

To me it looks a bit unroadbike like. In 1st instance I associate GT with 'dirt', I see huge welds, I see graphics that aren't really common for older roadbikes and than there is Syncros.

Nice, distinctive bike you got there. Also like the Sugino Jp wheel.

Back