FAT Chance

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I've had this F+F for ages and still not built it. I've been collecting stuff in dribs and drabs but its for some reason always in the background. I've no idea why though as its going to be one of my main retro riders in the cabinet reshuffle. Anyway a week off work and the realisation that I probably won't use the KHS in its current guise if at all will see it becoming a donor bike and should get the FAT up and running in jig time.

4904476316_a2379e5dea_b.jpg

I'm struggling to nail the exact history, even the year! At the moment I'm thinking its a 87 FAT chance. Hopefully some of the FAt guys will be able to help :)

Tonight I'm going to check the frame a forks out and give them a polish, see what bits I've collected.

Great looking bike, looks very similar to my 1988 Wicked, matching true temper stickers also

So '87/'88 is my bet.Can't decide if the head tube has a more slack angle (which would point towards a fat chance over a Wicked)

Attachments

• IMG_2447.jpg
    IMG_2447.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,849
Alot of what I'm going on first and foremost is the lack of Wicked form the DT decal. Whats on looks original. Should get some figures when It built up though.

Klaus, is that the one that I sent over? If so, it had a serial number, and I'm fairly certain it isn't a wicked. maybe a pre-wicked, wicked :?

Iirc, it is a 1988 :cool:

Minor update. I've stripped another bike for bits for this and they'll be cleaned up and polished. Stuck the wheels on to get an idea of the sizing, all seems good even with the stem/fork issue.

7068860651_a1e97a1e29_b.jpg

that's a sweet frame.

(i reckon the japanese cloned it for my courier!;) )

in the 1st picture the tubes look 'substantial' on the wheels 'minimal'!

what r the tyres? they're perfect.

build it come on.....

:cool:

kaiser":2j39ihy7 said:
Minor update. I've stripped another bike for bits for this and they'll be cleaned up and polished...
very nice wicked :D ..build it, but be sure for this wicked skinwalls are a must! ;)

Back